Hard floor cleaners

Soldato
Karndean floor so no steam, plus a few rugs.

Looking at the Bissell Crossmax at the moment @ £200.

Any alternatives in the same price bracket?

Last edited:
Soldato
Only if you soak it.

damp micro fibre on the end of a stick with some floor detergent. Job jobbed, seconds to set up and the micro fibre gets bundled in the washer at the end.

Flash speed mop if you want to go down the disposable route.

Both of those takes a few minutes to dry.

Associate
get a robo mop ?
or a robo hoover with mop function (generally not the best , but has to be better than not moping for 4 months)

Soldato
Only if you soak it.

damp micro fibre on the end of a stick with some floor detergent. Job jobbed, seconds to set up and the micro fibre gets bundled in the washer at the end.

Flash speed mop if you want to go down the disposable route.

Both of those takes a few minutes to dry.
This! Simple.

Associate
Have the same mop as post above, Karndean LVT, use Karndean liquid cleaner, mix it with really hot water to help get off dirt and makes it dry really fast.

Associate
Get a baby... Once they start to crawl they do a great job of buffing up hardwood floors.

Easier when they move into a walker as you can (and I have at points) put a microfibre on the front and it will at least semi dust it :cry:

Soldato
OP
Bought the Bissel CrossWave Pet Pro today, as we do have a cat. Plus the missus seems to be permanently shedding her mop (her hair gets everywhere) so thought the extra power might be useful and it's currently on offer.

Will update once used.

Soldato
This...?

4.jpg

Permabanned
Karndean floor so no steam, plus a few rugs.

Looking at the Bissell Crossmax at the moment @ £200.

Any alternatives in the same price bracket?

I have been looking at these and intend to buy the Bissel. It seems to come with glowing reviews.

I did have a discussion with my floor shop that sold Karcher and he said, "look, I sell it, and I am telling you not to buy it", lol. Apparently the Karchers are slow and just spread the muck around.

Associate
The bissell crosswaves come to mind. I've read nothing but bad reviews about Karchers' equivalent. And Bissell make decent carpet cleaners so the crosswaves come from a decent pedigree.

Associate
Kärcher FC5 hard floor cleaner here and does a great job. Entire house is hard floors bar the master bedroom so a robvac and the Karcher work well together.

Soldato
OP
@PapaLazaru hows it behaving?

Sorry for the late reply! It is rather excellent. I mean we run a tidy ship in our house and I had mopped the floor a couple of weeks before using it, but the colour of the water/cleaner mix I had to poor away after using it was disgusting. It picked up loads of unseen fluff and hair as well. Really happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom