What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Body of Lies (2008)

Ridley Scott directs Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe in a Middle East set, action thriller.

Never quite lives up to it's potential and just settles for being a solid, watchable film.

6/10

Associate
The Dirt, on Netflix, about Motley Crue.

Most certainly not one for the kids, and some decent music if you're into the style.

I knew nothing about Motley Crue before the film, but crikey they misbehaved to another level.

Soldato
Watched Boss Level, stupid but entertaining. Was cracking up at the tooth scene.

Groundhog Day, the action version.

Enjoyable romp, though I was miffed at the ending, looked it up on google, and if you haven't seen it, search out the "Hulu ending" for a few more added seconds which makes more sense.

Not sure why it was edited out of the main version.

Associate
The Dirt, on Netflix, about Motley Crue.

Most certainly not one for the kids, and some decent music if you're into the style.

I knew nothing about Motley Crue before the film, but crikey they misbehaved to another level.

Absolutely awesome film! They got a lot of kick-back about it, mainly because it was seen as a bit of a 'kiss & tell' - it's not just their story they're telling, but everyone else's who was involved too, many of whom don't want it all shared.

I have no idea how accurate it is, but it's a great watch either way

Associate
Absolutely awesome film! They got a lot of kick-back about it, mainly because it was seen as a bit of a 'kiss & tell' - it's not just their story they're telling, but everyone else's who was involved too, many of whom don't want it all shared.

I have no idea how accurate it is, but it's a great watch either way

Yeah we really enjoyed it - need some recommendations for other band based films, seen Bohemium Rhapsody, Rocket Man and Supersonic.

Associate
Yeah we really enjoyed it - need some recommendations for other band based films, seen Bohemium Rhapsody, Rocket Man and Supersonic.

Foo Fighters: Back & Forth is great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrQxuLJ5Zo

Pretty sure it's on a streaming service.

And if you haven't seen Some Kind of Monster, that's kinda 'required reading' :p

Both documentary though, rather than feature film

Associate
Foo Fighters: Back & Forth is great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrQxuLJ5Zo

Pretty sure it's on a streaming service.

And if you haven't seen Some Kind of Monster, that's kinda 'required reading' :p

Both documentary though, rather than feature film

Cheers - we'll have a watch!

PS - well done on reaching the hallowed 1000 posts, I'm nearly there with similar length forum membership as you.

Caporegime
Isn't it Romantic 7/10

I really loved The Final Girls, this is along the same lines but with rom com instead of slasher. It's got a great cast and is pretty funny but strays a little too close to actual romcom for my liking.

Caporegime
Reservoir Dogs

I first saw this over 20 years ago and I remember the violence in it being pretty shocking to young me, I guess I've got jaded over the years. It has the trademark Quentin Tarantino slice of life chatting between characters, a simple plot told in a complex way, and a lot of swearing but it's clearly unpolished compared to later works and Pulp Fiction in particular. An enjoyable watch even if the production values are low and it all feels pretty rough around the edges.

A classic that shows the promise of things to come but far from Tarantino's best work. 7/10.

Soldato
Cherry 5/10

It's on Apple TV+. Starring Tom Holland and Ciara Bravo, who are both very good in this. The movie was watchable for the 2 hours 20 minutes of runtime. But, it never really grabbed me. I didn't feel for any of the characters. I didn't really care what happened next. I was only planning to watch half of it and watch the rest tonight, but, I realised that if I stopped watching I would never finish it.

To sum up the movie in one word?

"Meh"

Back
Top Bottom