***Outriders Console Edition Thread***

Man of Honour
There seem to be a lot more people to group with for expeditions now. That said, it’s a real pain mid expedition when two people drop in, no where near you and suddenly your faced with a wall of tanks. Fun though, coop high tier expeditions are mayhem. Great that there isn’t even a flutter in terms of frame rate.

Soldato
There seem to be a lot more people to group with for expeditions now. That said, it’s a real pain mid expedition when two people drop in, no where near you and suddenly your faced with a wall of tanks. Fun though, coop high tier expeditions are mayhem. Great that there isn’t even a flutter in terms of frame rate.

Yeah had a few join my solo expeditions today, one guy joined and kept dying and it beefed up the expedition enough that I struggled so we ended up failing.

Then had another guy join and go afk and left it to me to finish and again failed. I might turn matchmaking off unless planned, will add a few of you from here so I end up getting better team mates.

Associate
Been playing this casually, not followed any build guides or anything, picked Technomancer as i liked the idea of a ranged build and the cover mechanics seem to support it mostly. I think im lvl19 or 20, just doing the Ancient Ruins area, not sure how much more of the game is left, i set the game to World Tier1 as i did read that the experience is the same regardless of world tier and making it tier1 makes it easy to complete as the real farming is done at max lvl? is it 30?

As i said i picked Technomancer, been putting my points into the top track, mostly into Sniper and AR stuff really, everything pretty much dies to 1 sniper shot at this world tier anyhow hehe, enjoying the story although in a few places the cutscenes have looked like they have missed some bits or something. Once i finish the story i plan on doing all the bounty hunts and monster hunt things and the side quests ive skipped. Ive purposely not opened any of the tier rewards etc either as i also read that its best to save them for max level as they scale.

Overall enjoying this, looking forwards to some co-op play once i get max lvl and some gear :)

Associate
How does a game like Destiny 2 play compared to Outriders? I've played a bit of Outriders and so far its been good fun. It has made me wonder what other games are similar that I might also enjoy. Destiny 2 is on Game Pass still I think so if they are similar I might give it a go too!
The Divison 2 is also very good, another looter shooter, decent story line etc and a ton of content, build options etc etc, not so scifi as Destiny / Outriders but similar mechanics etc, definitely a huuuuuge timesink as well.

Soldato
This game has certainly made me realise I dont need my pc for gaming. It runs flawlessly in huge insane fights, it looks nice, and it's available on hardware you can actually purchase.

My rtx 3070 does nothing but mine now and I don't see that changing.

Soldato
The Divison 2 is also very good, another looter shooter, decent story line etc and a ton of content, build options etc etc, not so scifi as Destiny / Outriders but similar mechanics etc, definitely a huuuuuge timesink as well.

Yeah I've got Division 2 as well. Not gone too far in that but it's fun nevertheless!

Caporegime
End game is pretty tedious and sparse, rerun a small bunch of scenarios with the difficulty ramping up each time against a time limit.

Not seeing much longevity here.

Caporegime
Its a shame the mechanics are so repetitive and to be honest I could do without the timer.

Likewise the timer just amplifies some of the frustrating game mechanics that are there.

Constant interrupts when reloading, enemies half the map away that just hide, bullet sponge enemies on the higher levels etc etc.

I've had it where im literally just sat there pumping endless rounds into a boss who can't damage me because of life leach, as his health just slowly drips away. That's with level appropriate gear as well. It's not fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just did first boss as it were which was Gauss the electric dude, I had to turn world tier down, I had got it to 4 at this point which equates to hard apparently.

Knocked it down to world tier 3 and beat him, I was doing it solo mind I think if it was done in co op doing it on hard would have been fine

Man of Honour
Likewise the timer just amplifies some of the frustrating game mechanics that are there.

Constant interrupts when reloading, enemies half the map away that just hide, bullet sponge enemies on the higher levels etc etc.

I've had it where im literally just sat there pumping endless rounds into a boss who can't damage me because of life leach, as his health just slowly drips away. That's with level appropriate gear as well. It's not fun.

It also pushes players toward DPS builds that push through the level as quickly as possible. My bleed build with impale for example, I lose time when I've killed all enemies and one is stuck on the spike 'bleeding', the game doesn't count it as being killed for what feels like an age and so you can't move on. I'm nearly done I think. Its very grindy now.

Caporegime
It also pushes players toward DPS builds that push through the level as quickly as possible. My bleed build with impale for example, I lose time when I've killed all enemies and one is stuck on the spike 'bleeding', the game doesn't count it as being killed for what feels like an age and so you can't move on. I'm nearly done I think. Its very grindy now.

Need to make sure if you're doing a run that your party isn't open as well.

I was doing a Chemical factory run and the bit with the lift I couldn't proceed for 4 minutes as someone was joining me, then had to make their way through the level to get to me whilst I sat there looking at the timer ticking up :p

Agreed though, end game is a huge grind fest. Although no different to most looter shooters the grinding options are, as I said above, sparse.

Soldato
Got my first legendary. "Absolute zero" assault rifle with bullets that freeze enemies. Makes life a lot easier!. Level 25 now. Im always on highest tier it let's me. So 9 now.

Did you die a fair few times then? Tier 9 for level 25 is quite low, I think at 25 is was 12/13.

My Technomancer was built to not die often though.

Soldato
Did you die a fair few times then? Tier 9 for level 25 is quite low, I think at 25 is was 12/13.

My Technomancer was built to not die often though.

Ive died loads of times. I impatiently dive into the thick of it and try to get as many enemies onto me as possible. Then just spray and pray. After a bunch of failed attempts I tend to accept defeat and kill things in a more controlled manner ha.

Soldato
Ive died loads of times. I impatiently dive into the thick of it and try to get as many enemies onto me as possible. Then just spray and pray. After a bunch of failed attempts I tend to accept defeat and kill things in a more controlled manner ha.

Haha fair enough. I've built my Technomancer in the top tree with assault damage, gone for firepower and close/long range on gear. I use Cryo Turret, Blight Turret and Blighted Rounds. I literally tear things up at 30, here's a screenshot of me at 30 against a Trickster and Pyro in my Expedition.

B7YkhuK.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha fair enough. I've built my Technomancer in the top tree with assault damage, gone for firepower and close/long range on gear. I use Cryo Turret, Blight Turret and Blighted Rounds. I literally tear things up at 30, here's a screenshot of me at 30 against two Tricksters in my Expedition.

B7YkhuKl.jpg

Oh you seem to know the game way better than me. Ive never even seen that stat page. Im playing a tank. Lots of life leech and still probably have my items incorrectly setup. Need to spend a bit of time planning my item slots.

I went along top of tree too. Approaching end of it.

Back
Top Bottom