Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Wish I hadn't looked for the desk again, it's got £50 off :p https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PCX7FPS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , it's amazing quality for the price I can't recommend it highly enough :)

the worktop was made for me by a mate, it's "just" oak, it got a good oiling the other day and is now even more lovely!

Monitor wise, they are attached to the wall via something like this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Suptek-Art...wall+mount+monitor+arm&qid=1617954924&sr=8-20

Thanks!!

Soldato
IMG-20210409-155153.jpg

Some bricks and stuff

Associate
Nothing fun, just this in readiness for my old man coming out of the hospital. Because it's a terraced house we have a narrow staircase but, for some reason, it's also steeper than most due to having one less step. It's huge, cost a lot and is going to take some getting used to, but it's necessity so had to be done. And no, before anyone asks, I haven't had a sneaky go on it - yet.

A5gFSMoh.jpg

Make sure he gets in the habit of switching off the controls on the arm rest, can make things interesting when you accidentally start moving whilst getting in. :D

Soldato
Make sure he gets in the habit of switching off the controls on the arm rest, can make things interesting when you accidentally start moving whilst getting in. :D

We could tell him, but his condition means he won't remember it a few minutes later, let alone the next time he uses it. It's OK though, because we'll have to help him in and out of the thing anyway so we'll just switch it off/on.

Soldato
Nothing fun, just this in readiness for my old man coming out of the hospital. Because it's a terraced house we have a narrow staircase but, for some reason, it's also steeper than most due to having one less step. It's huge, cost a lot and is going to take some getting used to, but it's necessity so had to be done. And no, before anyone asks, I haven't had a sneaky go on it - yet.

Dont believe you lol

Don
How's the wobble?

Doesn't seem like it would get much usage if you can't raise it up without hitting your monitors though...

Rock solid, the legs weigh a tonne (ish!), desk was moved forward about an inch, now it can raise all the way up to my shoulders without hitting anything. I alternate calls between seated and standing, makes a surprising difference, if nothing else it breaks the daily monotony

Soldato
Enjoying all the 90s love here. My bacons seem to have been sat at stockx for a week with no movement after being authenticated. Price has fallen about £30 since I bought them already.

Soldato
Nespresso.
Curious what your thoughts are on the coffee? I don't enjoy mine. I've been through pretty much all of the different types and come to the realisation it's not enjoyable enough to make up for the extra expense over just grinding my own coffee and using an aeropress or similar. I'm actually wondering if there's an issue with my machine but I don't see what it could be as it seems to be the right temp and bit much else that could go wrong...

Man of Honour
Chipping in on the coffee conversation, I’ve had a nespresso machine, worked in a coffee shop and generally just like a good coffee.

The winning thing to buy is an aeropress. They are stupidly, mind meltingly good. Goddamn they make a good coffee!! If it’s a sensational, mechanically simple, stunning coffee maker for £30 or a breakable machine for >£1k, I’ll take the aeropress.

Does require a bit of experimentation to get strength to preference but that’s my only niggle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom