MotoGP 2021

Soldato
I really didn't expect Vinales to take the win!

A great start for the Ducatis, the speed of the thing! Jorge Martin starting from 14th and was 4th (I think) into the first corner. Gotta feel a bit for Joan Mir at the end, there's just no way the Suzuki could live with the power of the red bike.

Soldato
Ducati traditionally do this most seasons, then the gap is clawed back by the more nimble Yamaha/Hondas. That track is a Ducati track and still they lost. In the slipstream Vinales could actually cling on. I feel something is missing since the days of Rossi at the front, battling with rivals like Stoner. Last year was a bit of a lottery. I don't think I have enjoyed it over the course of an entire season as much in the last few years.

Soldato
After cancelling BT Sport earlier in the year, I'm missing watching MotoGP.

Due to work/kids I was never able to watch the races live, so I recorded them and watched them in the evenings.... Is subscribing to BT Sport via my SkyQ Box the only way to achieve this? (This is what I did previously and it worked well, but I found the monthly cost too much!) I'd like access to all of the MotoGP Qualy/Race but be able to record it and watch it later...

Interested to know if others can advise what options there are for this, and prices £....

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Some good racing today. That Pedro Acosta kid in Moto3 is incredible. Maybe we're seeing the next Marc Marquez coming through. Great racing again in that class.

Gutted for Sam, such a small mistake to make and heavy price to pay. I had only just told a mate who popped round who is a biker but has lost touch with MotoGP how Sam wasn't a crasher anymore....:eek:

Was so impressed with MM in the main event. I wasn't one of his biggest fans but he's grown on me as he's got older. Can't begin to imagine how painful that arm is. To finish 7th only 13 seconds behind the winner is some achievement. Was great seeing him trying to get in riders heads again over the weekend. Riding right next to Mir out of pitlane on to track was funny. MotoGP has missed him. Rossi on the other hand looks completely lost :( As someone who was a big Rossi fan its sad seeing him nowhere near the pace. If Jerez is like this then I think this is definitely his last season, time to become that team owner.

Soldato
Rossi should have retired by now. He had an awful 2020 season and 2021 isn't looking like it'll be any better. It's a shame to see such an iconic rider perform so badly and it's harming his legacy. He's rightly known as an all time great but those days are very much behind him now.

Soldato
OP
Yeah he just can't seem to let it go. I get it, it must be such a buzz riding those bikes, he clearly still believes he can get podiums and you're a long time retired. It's time to pack it in though, run a team and become the king maker with the VR Academy.

Soldato
Yeah he just can't seem to let it go. I get it, it must be such a buzz riding those bikes, he clearly still believes he can get podiums and you're a long time retired. It's time to pack it in though, run a team and become the king maker with the VR Academy.

Not making matters any better is that he's on the same machinery that's won the first three races.

Soldato
OP
Not making matters any better is that he's on the same machinery that's won the first three races.

Yeah its a real shame its ended like this. He'll always be the GOAT due to all the different machinery he has done it on, 500 2 strokes, 990, 800 and 1000. He pretty much saved MotoGP when WSB was dominant. I wouldn't be surprised if Dorna were as keen for him to keep riding as Vale himself. Its time to hang up the leathers though, he's 42 years old, the body just isn't there to compete with these young guys. He'll always be a legend.

Soldato
Just finished watching the weekends race. Marquez obviously feeling his way back into it after the lengthy lay off, his achievements in the past are phenomenal and he could well end up being the best to ever do it but man, this season so far and the majority of the last when he isn't dominating have been great to watch.

Back
Top Bottom