• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

Soldato
Looking at event log. APIC codes were 8 and 0.

Went -17 across the board.
Let cine R23 run for 10 mins this time (admittedly only let it run 2 mins before and was using R20 mainly).

Comp restarted this time with APIC code 2.
I turned memory xmp off. Ran it again, this time full 10 mins no issues. Clock speeds have dropped a touch. Score is 14993.

Soldato
Don't count on any short term price drops, just buy something, be happy with it and get on with your life. if you don't upgrade that often then what's an extra 50 quid anyway spread over the course of a few years? It's comparative pennies.

Get a 5800x + B550 + 32GB PC3600 RAM and you will have a good platform with enough processing power to last a few years easy.

I was looking at a msi mpg x570 gaming pro carbon wifi and some ddr4 pc4000

Soldato
Hah, think you and my father-in-law are sharing luck. His 5600X bundle arrived, and had obviously taken such a whack in transit, the motherboard CPU fan header was broken and the pins bent; and if that's happened, god knows whether the rest of the bundle is working properly.

Gutted for him as he was looking forward to getting it all this weekend. I'm sure it'll get resolved quickly though.

Well my luck didn't get much better for a while. I sent my CPU off for RMA and it got lost. I then purchased another and expected to claim back from DHL. The new item has now shipped due for delivery in a day or two. Now my missing RMA has shown up and a replacement has now been dispatched too.

Soldato
I was looking at a msi mpg x570 gaming pro carbon wifi and some ddr4 pc4000
To run the RAM speed in coupled mode (recommended for best latency) then you will likely find that 3866 is the best you do without losing performance and/or stability. I bought a 4000 Mhz kit but have had to compromise down to this speed for optimum performance. You could save some money with a lower rated kit or don't, and pay for the guarantee you can run it at the higher frequencies.

Caporegime
Changed my Thermal Compound to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, temps have changed from 84c with to 80c with the same settings, its also a little warmer in here than usual, had the heating on all day. So i think i reduced it by about 5c, this with a Package Power of 125 Watts.

My cooler has an off set mount option which aligns the centre of the micro fins with the CPU chiplet which should reduce temps by another 5c, but after trying i found the top M.2 mount is in the way, nothing i can do about it, it wont fit.

CO -15 +100Mhz, might put it back up to +150Mhz or maybe +200.

WQu6C8w.png

Soldato
5600x or 5800x for a gaming build (no monitoring or streaming apps in background) on a resolution of 3440x1440@75hz?
Must cope with crusader kings 3 and total war games. Graphics card will be a AMD 6800xt.

Soldato
5600x or 5800x for a gaming build (no monitoring or streaming apps in background) on a resolution of 3440x1440@75hz?
Must cope with crusader kings 3 and total war games. Graphics card will be a AMD 6800xt.
At that resolution an 11400F would have the same performance as either ryzen CPU for half the price.

Soldato
Received 5800x £307 also managed to bag Samsung 980 pro 1tb £130 can't do much have my eyes on the MSI x570 unify but waiting on stock

Will use it with kraken z73 I have been reading this thread to prepare hopefully temps are decent and win on the silicon and play with pbo

Soldato
Will use it with kraken z73 I have been reading this thread to prepare hopefully temps are decent and win on the silicon and play with pbo

I didnt bother in end with it, I got mine just when it was being rolled out via BIOS updates etc last year. I tried changing values but didnt make much difference to me. Times have moved on so I guess there is a lot more info in this thread about it.

Dont do anything with mine it maxes at 69c mostly hovering around 50 to 56c. Idles at 31c most of the time.

If I run Cinebench its about 79c max. Seen it boosting all cores to 4.8ghz I just decided to leave it alone and let it do its job.

Associate
60° on multi cinebench r23
Thats power limits in play. Normally cinebench multi will hit 80C even on very best cooling.
Did you adjust EDC as well?

And games ending up hotter makes sense. Games don't load all cores to 100%, so mostly operate below power limits. Meaning CPU clocks higher on few cores and thus goes to higher temps.

Associate
No, ive only adjusted PPT if i am honest, think i lost about 100MHZ while on multicore, games still boosting easily to 4800 so i dont think ive lost any performance there, was hitting 80% on R23 before adjusting PPT

Back
Top Bottom