**B-GRADE CLEARANCE AND FORUM DEALS**

Associate
Oh wow thanks. I wasn't gonna attempt to fit it without, it was more a case of acknowledging that it's probably been fitted previously as they usually come with it pre-applied and either didn't suit the build or maybe has some cosmetic issue I've yet to notice.

@Robbie_G Your concerns are appreciated dude. This is why I've stuck around Overclockers all these years, just good people across the business :)

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve had my offer accepted but I’ve now got to phone up to get it bought. Possibly a que over 1hour long. Anyway we can do this without phoning?

Associate
Got my cooler today looks like I lucked out as nothing inside is opened and non-of the tabs inside are damaged so I don't think its been out of the boxes win.

Associate
Bugger! Wraith cooler on my 3700X had glued solidly to the chip and the mobo clip didn't hold so now I've about 15 bent pins to straighten before I can fit the new cooler. Not a good day! At least the chip is held solidly in place while I do this as it's rock solid stuck to the copper.

Associate
Never in 22 years of building PC's have I had a chip stick like superglue to a cooler to the point that it ripped it out of the socket on the motherboard. Stock Wraith cooler with my 3700X on stock paste. Unfortunately for me it damaged the socket as it came out. Got the pins straightened up but the pin sleeves in the socket were mullered so no joy when finally put back together. No signal to graphics card no post to bios, nothing.
Luckily the chap I share the house with went AMD a few weeks back so I'm now on an 8700K Intel setup with all my parts.

The NZXT X63 Kraken cooler from the B-Stock is excellent, works perfectly so thankyou again @Robbie_G for a great deal, I'm genuinely pleased with the cooler.

Hopefully doge will go mad and fund a return to AMD in the coming week for me, although I've lost the stomach for another build right now.

Caporegime
Never in 22 years of building PC's have I had a chip stick like superglue to a cooler to the point that it ripped it out of the socket on the motherboard.

Had it happen once to me in 25 years and yes it was an AMD chip too. I always run a benchmark program for a minute or two nowadays just in case, just to put some heat in there and soften it up nicely before removing a cooler.

Associate
Bugger! Wraith cooler on my 3700X had glued solidly to the chip and the mobo clip didn't hold so now I've about 15 bent pins to straighten before I can fit the new cooler. Not a good day! At least the chip is held solidly in place while I do this as it's rock solid stuck to the copper.

If this happens again you can get some isopropyl alcohol on strong cloth and gently rub around where the CPU contacts the cooler after undoing the clamping mechanism. This will help melt away and excess paste. You can also try gently pushing a plastic prying tool into the gap with some of the same alcohol on the end.

Isopropyl alcohol is my go to for removing paste.

Back
Top Bottom