What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Im thinking of giving Friends a shot.
I never really watched it when it was on other than the odd show, it was not my taste.

I never knew it had so many cameos.

Soldato
Im thinking of giving Friends a shot.
I never really watched it when it was on other than the odd show, it was not my taste.

I never knew it had so many cameos.

Unless your tastes have changed a lot in the last 20 years or so, I wouldn't bother. You're just not going to enjoy it, it's very marmite, a style that you either click with or don't.

For clarity, I really like it, i've watched some episodes upwards of 20 odd times and I can reel off quotes from the show all the time. Just an innocent, feel good show that I can throw on to kill 20 minutes here or there.

While Chandler is considered the joker of the group, Ross becomes hilarious in mid/later seasons.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unless your tastes have changed a lot in the last 20 years or so, I wouldn't bother. You're just not going to enjoy it, it's very marmite, a style that you either click with or don't.

For clarity, I really like it, i've watched some episodes upwards of 20 odd times and I can reel off quotes from the show all the time. Just an innocent, feel good show that I can throw on to kill 20 minutes here or there.

While Chandler is considered the joker of the group, Ross becomes hilarious in mid/later seasons.

I do find it interested that Friends hasn't aged that well, whereas Coupling is still a good laugh.

Soldato
I do find it interested that Friends hasn't aged that well, whereas Coupling is still a good laugh.

There is something timeless with Friends, in 2019 it was the most streamed show on Netflix UK with most of that demographic being folks too young to have watched on initial airing. From personal experience, my younger half sister, she's now 21, i'm 42, she dropped me a line a couple of years back to ask me if i'd ever seen Friends and suggested I should check it out.

I think worldwide it was only The Office (US) that has more viewers.

I would definitely say season 1 hasn't aged well, but hits its stride season 2 onwards.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm watching a show I never saw when I was young...X-Files. Having a lot of fun recognising insanely young actors. Episode I just watched had a barely recognisable Mark Sheppard! Even at that age he completely stole the episode.

As for the show itself I'm enjoying it, it's not quite as good so far as I expected but maybe it takes time to get going. There have been some very good episodes but there have been quite a few complete duffers.

Caporegime
Coupling is still probably the best sitcom ever made in the first 3 seasons. It's so sharply written I'm not sure it could be improved on at all.

It's also the first (to the best of my knowledge) that really pushed the creativity in episode formats, split screen story telling, alternate viewpoints, and my favourite, the different language one where Jeff meets the Israeli lady ("5 minutes breasts").

It is probably why I enjoyed How I Met Your Mother so much, with its story arcs and callbacks.

Permabanned
Boardwalk Empire.

Watched a lot on release but it was a bit over my head so I never fully understood what was going on lol.

Up to S2 EP5 now. Fortunately I can't remember much of what I've already seen, but it's really good.

Most of the characters are still as 2D and un-likeable as ever though, which is a shame.

Not sure if you would say the same for Season 1 too, but I think this is why I just can't cut it with the Expanse. As you say there is just nothing likeable about the characters.

Associate
Finally watched ZeroZeroZero. Simply one of the best shows I've seen.

Came onto the thread looking for a new series too watch and your comment was first I read.........well good series thankyou.

As a fan of Gomorrah I was somewhat taken aback that they ripped off the style of the soundtrack throughout the sequences but then I read up Roberto Saviano wrote both, and both shows have the same directors and producers........Albeit music this time round by Mogwai (Mokadelic did Gommorah)

Soldato
Came onto the thread looking for a new series too watch and your comment was first I read.........well good series thankyou.

As a fan of Gomorrah I was somewhat taken aback that they ripped off the style of the soundtrack throughout the sequences but then I read up Roberto Saviano wrote both, and both shows have the same directors and producers........Albeit music this time round by Mogwai (Mokadelic did Gommorah)

I love Gomorra to death, would I like ZeroZeroZero?

Man of Honour
Im currently rewatching Archer (in homage to the passing of Jessica Walter who played Malory Archer) and am also rewatching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Soldato
Having finished season one, I'm revising my opinion of Wellington Paranormal - a spin off from What We Do In The Shadows (the movie). It's not quite as good as either it or the American WWDITS series, but it's better than I originally thought. Clement and Waititi are involved, but don't write all episodes, so one or two eps are noticeable weaker (cornier, with the jokes not landing as often). Having said that, I still get a couple of LOL moments per episode, so I'll happily proceed to season 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm watching a show I never saw when I was young...X-Files. Having a lot of fun recognising insanely young actors. Episode I just watched had a barely recognisable Mark Sheppard! Even at that age he completely stole the episode.

As for the show itself I'm enjoying it, it's not quite as good so far as I expected but maybe it takes time to get going. There have been some very good episodes but there have been quite a few complete duffers.

I was thinking of going back and watching this again, or maybe the movie. Used to love it when i was a kid. Remember the Tooms episode too well.

Finished watching Travellers last night after seeing it mentioned here. Really enjoyable but the end was a bit disappointing, almost cliche too.
Can't help but think i missed an episode as i've no idea how Jeff went from traveller, faction, traveller, then to 001. And how 001 suddenly wanted to take over the world? Anyone put me on the right track?

Back
Top Bottom