World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Just getting back into WoW - where is good for addons nowadays?
Ajour
Stay away from Overwolf/curse addon manager thing. Full of ads and not so nice things now. Lots of issues with from various users in my guild. We all use Ajour, it still uses the curse, and others, databases but with out the nasty stuff from the addon software.

Soldato
Guild – Alliance - Pyrewood Village

Yooo… Would anyone be interested in joining a casual Levelling/Dungeon guild? Adults only.

9 of us around level 22 to 30. Unlikely to stop playing for the foreseeable future. Would like to build as a guild toward raiding… with an ultimate end goal of downing the Lich King (if they ever release it :D ).

We’re going to be running 2/3 night weekly dungeon runs, people turn up and we’ll sort the groups from there.

If you’re interested in joining jump on our discord today/or drop me a message: https://discord.gg/aGVY7XkT and Give Squares or Thegoon84 a shout Should be on from 6pm tonight.

We’re doing BFD tonight but the current group is full.

Keep an eye out in general chat for info. If you could bear with us over the next 2 weeks while we set up everything and hopefully build the guild.

Soldato
I'm going to give TBC a go. Not super seriously, just level my 60 war to 70 maybe get attuned to some things but before I do that I want to switch servers.

Currently on a server which is mostly horde (PVP). Are there any Ally PVE servers anyone recommends? If not I'll just go by what ironforge.pro says.

Soldato
Nope PVP server here. Noggenfogger.

I'm going to give TBC a go. Not super seriously, just level my 60 war to 70 maybe get attuned to some things but before I do that I want to switch servers.

Currently on a server which is mostly horde (PVP). Are there any Ally PVE servers anyone recommends? If not I'll just go by what ironforge.pro says.

Depending on how much you play the game i would strongly consider the benefits of going to a PVE server vs the cons.

If you are just going to be playing casually and not overly fused about the quality of the guilds/raid groups you want to be part of then sure go for pve, generally the better quality of players are present on PVP realms, and in greater supply. Also once you go PVE you cannot go back to PVP realms. Its a one way decision.

Further more dont just use ironforge.pro to base a population decision on, its driven by individual characters that have taken part in a raid that has been uploaded to warcraft logs. Its indicative of currently active raiding population. That will all change significantly wants TBC launches.

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not really interested in world PVP anymore. I thought I was but just found it more of an annoyance levelling. I then quit in phase 2 because I couldn't be bothered with the 40min MC gank runs.

I'm actually on Noggenfogger. I did a /who in Ironforge yesterday at about 7pm and there was 5 people there.

I want to level, run some end game dungeons and maybe raid if I can find the time.

Where would be the best place to help me make a decision on a server?

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not really interested in world PVP anymore. I thought I was but just found it more of an annoyance levelling. I then quit in phase 2 because I couldn't be bothered with the 40min MC gank runs.

I'm actually on Noggenfogger. I did a /who in Ironforge yesterday at about 7pm and there was 5 people there.

I want to level, run some end game dungeons and maybe raid if I can find the time.

I was on Noggenfogger, but we moved as a guild to Zandalar Tribe. Still a PVP server, but alliance dominated so not much trouble from horde and the RP Server is funny, what happens in Goldshire Inn stays in Goldshire Inn. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the feedback.

/who ironforge really isnt going to help when the main city hub is stormwind! Im not suggesting you stay on Noggenfogger either, as its really not an ideal server for someone more casual. Honestly I think based on your play preference a PVE realm would be fine (potentially more favourable). Mirage raceway seems to be a solid choice in that respect.

Associate
Quite enjoying TBC Classic, whether it be for the nostalgia, or the fact when I played previously I was still in High School and I've seemingly forgotten almost everything about it - Since when were there so many dungeons between 60 and 70! It's about the only thing the PC gets used for nowadays so its nice to stretch the legs of the 11 year old sandybridge setup.

Many others here that started classic continued with the nostalgia trip?

Associate
Quite enjoying TBC Classic, whether it be for the nostalgia, or the fact when I played previously I was still in High School and I've seemingly forgotten almost everything about it - Since when were there so many dungeons between 60 and 70! It's about the only thing the PC gets used for nowadays so its nice to stretch the legs of the 11 year old sandybridge setup.

Many others here that started classic continued with the nostalgia trip?

I'm really loving it so far. There was a certain polish to TBC that Vanilla didn't have, and I'm glad that's still apparent moving from Classic to TBC Classic. It's a shame that my friends from back then aren't all interested in returning (there's still about 5-6 of us though), so going in we're somewhat diminished, but it's definitely been a great experience to rediscover the content together in a group. Collectively remembering through failure - it's been a real hoot.

I didn't engage with Classic so much. It was nice to experience it fresh again but I didn't feel like I had missed it. TBC feels different, already. I'm *enjoying* this a lot more. Looking forward to getting into the raids too - they were such a step up from Vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom