***The 2021 Gym Rats Thread*** ᕦ( ͠°◞ °)ᕥ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
First day back at the gym and bjj today.

I always say I'm going to take it easy after some time off then find stuff too easy so up the intensity and injure myself. I'm going to go really light for weeks this time and build up really slowly.

Man of Honour
There are going to be a lot of people with major DOMs and probably a few injuries over the next few weeks.

Other than my diehard friends who were ready for the 6am opening, my usual gym seems pretty deserted. Going to take a while for it to return to normal. I wonder how many people cancelled their memberships.

Consigliere
New gym opened up in the village next to mine. Due to the demographic, its actually pretty quiet. They have had 250 members sign up but everyone goes during the day so the evenings are great. :p

Quite well equipped. Felt okay and was more showing my brother a few things. Will go harder tomorrow and see what happens...plus see if my thousands of push ups have actually helped!

Soldato
Had a few good days at gym and its been really quiet (i was expecting the similar to a new resolution army, but only had <10 people in while I was there). Really got stuck in to some prowler runs, pressing and then pulls/quad pulls. Then just did some complexes to hit everything and the odd few assistance. Just make sure I got all the doms and sort mobility before doing some kind of plan and I just love the prowler for some weird reason haha

Man of Honour
OP
My first lifting of any kind in over 4 months was a 121 session with Reece fullwood down at Strom Sports.

Brilliant session decided to do some back and managed to get up to 140kg deadlifts for a triple, which is a great starting point.

He gave me a couple of tips on my form which is why I wanted to get in a session with him and it really improved my lifting.

I reckon fresh without as many build up sets I've probably got a 160 1rm in the tank, goal is to break 200 within a couple of months.

Man of Honour
I seem to have strained what I can only guess to be a hip flexor deadlifting today. Will just rest it. I knew I should have skipped today, I’ve been catching up on jobs all week and my back was already fatigued. Will see how it goes for squats on Monday. At least it feels muscular and off to the side.

Smashed my arm PBs yesterday, slow and steady :)

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Went back to my local PureGym on Friday. I managed to get the bench in 5 minutes. Nicely asking does the trick and then I hogged it for half an hour lol. I noticed it's wider then my mirafit bench. Makes it a bit easier.

Was at 50% capacity. Will try and go again tonight.

Associate
Surprised that mine which is mainly a bodybuilders gym not some fancy sports clinic is not that busy in evenings. Not that I'm complaining

Gone up this second week but man the tiredness is crazy, soon as I get home and eat just want to sleep

Guys any offer on decent tasting whey aswell ?

Looking at trying either pe4rm or rule 1

Permabanned
Does anyone have any links to guides on how to use the various gym equipment?

I have joined the local gym and I plan to go in the morning but don't want to look like a tool using the equipment!

Soldato
Does anyone have any links to guides on how to use the various gym equipment?

I have joined the local gym and I plan to go in the morning but don't want to look like a tool using the equipment!

Depending on the gym you could probably ask one of the staff members to give you a quick walkthrough on a bunch of the stuff - like an induction (some gyms force you to do that if you're new to it)... to everyone else it would kind of just look like you're getting a personal trainer session or something if it worries you. It does feel a bit like you're being judged sometimes at the gym but most of the time nobody is actually paying any attention to you at all unless you're going out of your way to draw attention to yourself. Good luck!

As to your link question I think one of the stickied posts in this section has a few good links in it (the one by GordyR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom