New Gigabyte Aorus 4K Monitors, inc. OLED!

Man of Honour
LG OLED 48" TV hdmi 2.1 etc etc is what £1300 and subject to price variations that is the benchmark all these are up against once you strip away the marketing and branding
It is frustrating that the tech isn’t there for monitor sized display, but it doesn’t really make an OLED TV the optimum choice for a desktop monitor. 48” at 16:9 on a desk is not practical for most people, from a desk size perspective and even an office application perspective.

Caporegime
It is frustrating that the tech isn’t there for monitor sized display, but it doesn’t really make an OLED TV the optimum choice for a desktop monitor. 48” at 16:9 on a desk is not practical for most people, from a desk size perspective and even an office application perspective.

It is disappointing. I have never know why you cant cut a 48" 4k panel down and make a 35"-38" UW (if my maths is correct) 2k oled panel. They would sell like hotcakes.

Man of Honour
It is disappointing. I have never know why you cant cut a 48" 4k panel down and make a 35"-38" UW (if my maths is correct) 2k oled panel. They would sell like hotcakes.
I actually think another major problem for me would be the reflectiveness of the screen, unless they specifically went for a non-glossy finish.

I put my Samsung TV up on my desk to weigh up whether I could get away with an OLED, being that close to the glossy screen was absolutely ****ing horrid from a reflection perspective... and the OLED would be even worse.

OK for games and Tv maybe but forseeably headache inducing for reading, drafting, excel etc.

Perhaps not a problem for those that like working with the curtains closed...

Associate
yeah I agree with you 100% my point was rather more directed to price and the inevitable attempts to 'test the market'

where I have some sympathy is the 32" panel sizes and not being able to order in large quantities due to being a new process etc... I guess because its taken so long to get here my consumer tolerance is wearing thin and I still see us having to wait for overpriced v1.0 products to trickle out and swallowed before we get to the real solutions. I hope that isn't the case but you just know its coming

Caporegime
The monitor might be cheaper though with no webos or smart apps (licensing fee)

Seen it listed for £1600 (in HK so might be cheaper here????_so almost double what you can get a LG oled tv for atm. Not worth the extra sadly.

No it doesn't. I just checked and it's the same price as the 48 inch C1

Its £1600 in Hong Kong. Where have you seen it for the £900 you can buy the LG (albeit cx) for please?

Associate
No it doesn't. I just checked and it's the same price as the 48 inch C1

Checked where ? In USA the Aorus 48 monitor is around $1500 so that due to british high costs would be like £1400. One company is £1460ish to ship to uk. in the UK the LG C1 is £1000 on offer with 5 years warranty.

for most of us that is a fair chunk of cash to save.

Soldato
Caporegime

Thats mental. You either get the Auros incredible cheap over there or you massively overpay for the LG.

Seems like its a bit of both. The Auros is £200 cheaper than everywhere else in the world and the LG TV is £200 more.

Makes it an easy choice for you, buy the Auros :)

For the UK when you can get the LG CX fro under £900 in many places and the C1 for a £1000, the £1500 to £1600 price of the Auros looks a but unpalatable.

Now if the Auros had come out in the UK at £900.........................

Associate
After returning a FV43U a few weeks back I wouldn't touch a Gigabyte monitor with a barge pole.

A potentially great monitor ruined by appalling software, unreliable connectivity and features that may have worked if only I could have updated the BIOS.

Associate
After returning a FV43U a few weeks back I wouldn't touch a Gigabyte monitor with a barge pole.

A potentially great monitor ruined by appalling software, unreliable connectivity and features that may have worked if only I could have updated the BIOS.

i have been reading various Reddit threads about the issues people have been having with them.

Back
Top Bottom