Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Caporegime
@Gibbo - What’s the generally accepted power output with the tuning boxes now that people have had time to test the various claims? I’ve got some potential fun and games ahead of me with the sprints this year as the Yaris’s are all in my class but there’s a 300hp cap on the class and I’m expecting one or two with tuning boxes to be pushing the boundaries a little ;)

yeah 300bhp class cap so its understandable why cars are running close to that with tweaking. they are a great looking and handling car but the price stilll is like....pretty dear for what it is.

Soldato
I see Robert Mitchell who runs Apex at the Nurburgring missed a change and blew his engine. The BIG advantage of DCT boxes on track is missing gears is removed as a risk. Easier to do than you might think on track when you are pushing hard.

There's a video been released showing a 10k rpm 2nd to 1st shift with the engine and gearbox surviving. Must try...

Associate
I got my first look at one of these last week, it was having what I assume to be a Mongoose cat-back being fitted at Collins Performance. Had been used as the donor car so I think it got the first tooled up system.

Sod’s law I spotted another one the day after :cry:

Soldato
bLAmsQL.jpg

Just gone into build :D ETA mid-June

Still need to decide on which mudflaps to buy, potentially just front Rallyflapz. Although will be PPF’d and ceramic coated from day 1. Underside looking at self-protecting with Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 and UC.

Associate
I've just had my Automotive Passion Carbon Rock Guards delivered, they were the best compromise as I haven't found a mudflap I like the look of.

My car should be getting into port on the 20th, so not too much longer to wait.

Soldato
I've just had my Automotive Passion Carbon Rock Guards delivered, they were the best compromise as I haven't found a mudflap I like the look of.

Must admit I do like the look of those as well, although I kinda wish they did a non-carbon, gloss black option. Although having said that at least, carbon will hide chips better within the guard itself rather than being pebble dashed.

Not long to go. Which model/colour did you go for?

OcUK Staff
OP

Ive got those on mine, very easy fit. :)

Associate
I’ve put PPF on 9 GR’s now - those rear arches take a beating pretty quickly and the OE section is absolutely pointless. Are the mud guards stopping the chipping? They really need as much protection in that area as possible so guards + PPF should sort things right out.

Man of Honour
I can see why people like them but test drove confirmed it's not a car for me at my age (was considering one for some fun and station work). Like so many modern cars I sat on it, not in it, but that to one side it really is a clever little thing. Nice steering, precise gearbox, decent pedals and plenty nippy enough with nice throttle response. I gave it a smidge of beans but nothing too much. I think it would be fantastic at somewhere like Curborough but found wanting on a big wide race track. It is very agile, with a wheel at each corner and short wheelbase is no surprise and if I was in my 20's or even 30's I'd be all over it I think, but Housey got old. :(

More about not right for me than not a good car. I'd take a Civic Type R over it day and night frankly....if I could make it invisible.

Associate
That's the official timeframe I was given.

Red circuit pack for sure
I ordered one last week Toyota called me after doing all the online stuff to confirm and gave me a date of May 2022. I'm hoping that is will bring back the driving experience of the early sti Impreza style handling. I'm currently driving an A45 AMG which is great but it's extremely rare that I can use all of the power available when not in a straight line and I will have done 100,000 miles by the time the yaris arrives. The 4 wheel drive on the A45 is good but it's not great and that's what I'm missing.

Associate
Also the person on the phone explained that the 0% finance offer will not be available at that time but they may offer it or a similar deal and they will call me nearer the time. I don't think I will need it unless I decide to keep the AMG as a second car.

Back
Top Bottom