Need to verify age to watch some Youtube videos

Man of Honour
My Youtube account is about 10 years old, so I'm guessing they got it from your card data? It's not like Google are going to through away useful user data.

Mine is 15 years old - I forgot it is a verified account though from back in the day - had skipped my mind.

Soldato
Huh, haven't seen this age restriction. Maybe ask your adult to change your restriction level in Google Family Link :o

Actually, that was a joke, but if you are considering setting up the family app for more mature children, don't bother, it's a joke.

Soldato
so now we gotta choose between handing over our credit cards to google or some random vpn company because parents are too damn lazy to control what their kids are watching online?

Capodecina
Soldato
so now we gotta choose between handing over our credit cards to google or some random vpn company because parents are too damn lazy to control what their kids are watching online?

Yeah but it's not about that, is it. "Security" is just an excuse to hoover up data.

Imagine uploading your passport to Google so you can watch a bloody video. Just insane.

V F

V F

Soldato
Mine is 15 years old - I forgot it is a verified account though from back in the day - had skipped my mind.

Mine is a verified account as well and I still get this. It's also 15 years old. So it isn't related.

Associate
Had it a couple of weeks ago, tried to play Adam Freeland's 'We want your soul', a track I've played hundreds of times before, and had to link my CC.
From the comments, I wasn't the only one.
It's not even a rude song.

Capodecina
Soldato
This is probably a test-bed for a wider rollout. They're seeing how easily they can get people's passports.

Soon it'll be a requirement to use Gmail in the interests of "security".

V F

V F

Soldato
You dont need a passport...

Use a credit card to verify immediately
You won't be charged. Any transaction fee will be fully refunded.

Use your ID
Submit an image of a valid ID, like your driver's licence or passport. It may take up to three days to verify your ID.

Back
Top Bottom