Can you keep signing then cancelling Amazon prime for free shipping?

Soldato
I don't order much from Amazon but I get asked to sign up for prime each time for free shipping. I'm pretty sure I've signed up, ordered, then cancelled prime asap in past hence get free shipping.

Is this correct, maybe you have to wait a certain time between orders to get this offer of free shipping again, or maybe a bug?

Soldato
I don't order much from Amazon but I get asked to sign up for prime each time for free shipping. I'm pretty sure I've signed up, ordered, then cancelled prime asap in past hence get free shipping.

Is this correct, maybe you have to wait a certain time between orders to get this offer of free shipping again, or maybe a bug?
probably a bug, i imagine if you click to sign up this time it'll want to charge you rather than giving you the free trial again.

Associate
Yeah if you only do it occasionally then you can just keep doing the free trial. I'm pretty sure they don't let you do that every month, although to be fair I've never tried :p

Associate
Been with them since it was first made available. Only dropped it a few years back and was offered it a few times to entice me back, although each time the offer became steadily worse (it went from 3 months three, to a few weeks, a week, a few days, to no offers of it anymore). Always cancelled soon after (as it was close to big sales each time I returned so stuck around after in case I wanted anything). Now being involved as the outer shield for an elderly family member that is house bound due to health, I needed the services offered by Amazon, so subbed properly back to prime since last year, no offer was made though (as I think I've used up my offers, which I listed above). I don't think it's continually offered, comes in stages until they don't offer any more freebie periods.

Associate

I periodically sign up for the one month free trials when they offer them but there's no rush to cancel immediately ...they give you the whole month even if you cancel it on the same day. Think must have done about 4 or 5...still undecided :p

Soldato
Or just spend £20 (which isn’t difficult these days) and the stuff comes for free anyway?

The free £20+ shipping only takes an extra day where I live, sometimes not even that.

Associate
Prime isn't just postage. You're getting a netfix like service, image storage as well as all the other hodge-podge in books and music.

Besides, Amazon often has free shipping on many of the prime applicable items, it just takes longer.

Soldato
There doesn't seem to be any guarantee about being offered a Prime trial.

I look at amazon a couple times a year, sometimes I am offered free Prime for a week or maybe it's £1.

Doesn't really matter what they stuff the bundle with under value added, I only care for the possibly better deal on shipping with Prime. Definitely isn't always the case.

Soldato
Over the years I have taken up the free trials then cancelled them, I dont think prime is worth it, anything under £20 I just use eBay, anything larger from Amazon seems to just come the next day prime or not.

And I dont watch much TV.

I take the free trails I have had maybe a years worth now over the years, because why not, isnt like they dont make enough money I dont feel guilty in the slightest. I took it this time so I can binge watch season 5 of the expanse then cancel it.

Associate
I did this for a while by creating new accounts with the same gmail address, you can enter full stops anywhere in your address and still receive the email

in the end it became too repetitive, now I pay for it

Soldato
5 email addresses can be added to a full account (not student) each email associated will get prime shipping - just saying ;)

Is this new? Only used to be the one email/family member.

Edit: Just looked, it is only 1 other adult who can share for shopping benefits. But you can create children accounts if someone only wants it for prime video.

Soldato
A heads up to offset the cost for big Amazon spenders, get their points credit card. Easily making a tenner a month on just Amazon spend.

Soldato
I think if you use Amazon frequently then its worth the money.

I've had it for years. I like the free and fast shipping. Also I like the Amazon Prime TV netflix-style service too.

There is a new Lord of the Rings tv series currently being made by Amazon. So if that is your thing then keep an eye out for the offers.

Back
Top Bottom