Has children bicycle prices doubled ?

Ree

Ree

Associate
kids bikes on amazon sold by amazon themselves for much cheaper. am no expert though av not been on a bike for over 20 years :D

Soldato
I got a black mountain skog bike which was £350 and that converts from a balance bike to a smaller pedal bike and it can then expand into a slightly bigger bike. I bought it as an investment as the 2nd kid is only a year old so he'll have it when my 5yr old gets too big for it in a year or two. But yeah they are expensive if you don't want a halfords cheapo heavy bike.

The lockdowns have caused adult bikes to go up too, along with other fitness equipment such as treadmills and free weights.

Tech has gone up for the same reason.

Also, gardening! I was looking all summer for the Keter Store-It-Out shed that I wanted, and I didn't get it until October in the end.

Associate
Trek is a premium brand but prices have gone up recently. Was about to buy a Giant for ~£1500 earlier in the year and the next day it was £1800. Something to do with Brexit I presume.

Caporegime
Seller in my town says you'll be lucky to even get a bike from them this year. This is one of the major highstreets chains, kinda like JDSports or Sports Direct.
Same as garden furniture. Supply and demand.

Soldato
Trek is a premium brand but prices have gone up recently. Was about to buy a Giant for ~£1500 earlier in the year and the next day it was £1800. Something to do with Brexit I presume.
Scalpers. They are targeting bikes as well because everyone is on a keep fit thing during/after these lockdowns. Same as almost any home fitness equipment right now.

Soldato
All bike prices have risen sharply. not just kids bikes. I ordered a GT from my LBS and waited ~5 months for it to be delivered, and when it failed to materialise I decided to grab a Cube instead. Cost me £1149 in December 2020 but a month or so later it had gone up to £1499.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just ordered a bike for my daughter, 20 inch frame 130 quid. Doesn't seem that bad, que lots of people telling me it's **** because it didn't cost 4 figures:p.

Caporegime
It's a kid's bike, unless they're doing something competitively or you have money to burn just buy a bloody Apollo and be done with it, they're only going to throw it on the ground :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom