Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2021, Imola - Race 2/23

Rate the 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Bottas has consistently been +0.3s slower than Hamilton. The difference being when the Merc was the fastest car that meant he’d start P2 or P3... now that gap is the difference between P2 and P6.

I’m loving how close the pack is this year just gutted that Norris had his time deleted :(

Caporegime
Bottas has consistently been +0.3s slower than Hamilton. The difference being when the Merc was the fastest car that meant he’d start P2 or P3... now that gap is the difference between P2 and P6.

Only in 2017. He was 0.171s behind in 2018, 0.121s in 2019, and 0.082s behind in 2020. Oddly though, although he's got closer in time over the seasons, he hasn't got closer in actual qualifying position 7-13 in '17 is his joint best (with '19).

Honestly, Bottas's qualifying performances have been pretty impressive, it's just that he's against the very best in Hamilton.

Soldato
Happy for Perez. He did well today but I reckon Max would have snook ahead if he didn't trim the grass a bit on his hot lap! Even so, Perez is looking strong and a real bonus for RBR in the championship. Not bad for a driver in a new car in a new team, and reckon he will be a safe pair of hands.

Lewis - well. Class act, no doubt.

Gutted for Norris, but rules is rules. At least the stewards are being consistent.

Associate
C4 coverage with Coulthard and the new chap, much better. Hopefully will continue.

Hamilton and Verstappen shoulder bumping when Lewis was walking up to the post qualy interview - looks like a little needling is going on.

Verstappen is so miserable, reminds me of Harry Enfield, Kevin the Teenager. I am not a fan of RB but if Perez (who I do like) can beat Verstappen - oh yes. :D

Soldato
Verstappen made a mistake or he would have taken pole. Perez is doing exactly what RBR want him to: split the Mercs and keep Bottas off Verstappen’s gearbox.

He's got 4 other gear boxes to get past before he can even think of Max's! :D

I can see RB friendly fire happening tomorrow. A Max wanting to get ahead at all costs to fight Hamilton as he has zero patience and a Perez not being up for that situation and colliding with him...

Man of Honour
Race pace should be interesting. Red bull and Mercedes seem very close on one lap pace now.

It’s going to be tricky for Mercedes with Bottas so far back.

He's got 4 other gear boxes to get past before he can even think of Max's! :D

I can see RB friendly fire happening tomorrow. A Max wanting to get ahead at all costs to fight Hamilton as he has zero patience and a Perez not being up for that situation and colliding with him...

Perez with something to prove, Max wanting to stay top dog, I’m looking forward to the battle between them.

Associate
Perez just needs to keep it on the black stuff, ahead of Bottas & spoil Hamilton, the job he is being paid for. I think he does have a real chance tomorrow if he keeps his head.

If Perez gets a clean start, romps off. I cant see Perez getting into a dogfight with Verstappen, or fight Max too hard. By gum if he did, whoa! Its early days to get excited, but I would like to see Verstappen challenged inhouse.

alx

alx

Soldato
Perez just needs to keep it on the black stuff, ahead of Bottas & spoil Hamilton, the job he is being paid for. I think he does have a real chance tomorrow if he keeps his head.

If Perez gets a clean start, romps off. I cant see Perez getting into a dogfight with Verstappen, or fight Max too hard. By gum if he did, whoa! Its early days to get excited, but I would like to see Verstappen challenged inhouse.

Does anyone know what the long run pace was like for Mercedes and Redbull during practice?

Soldato
There’s a chance I could be in the car tomorrow when the race is on. Is there live commentary on the wireless?

It used to be on 5 Live but not sure if they still do that. Usually I just load up SkyF1 oh the Sky Go app and listen to that (my phone sits in the glovebox so I can't watch it)

Back
Top Bottom