Bios reset on power loss

Soldato
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what is causing this weird issue, where if my pc suffers a power loss (plug switched off when pc is off etc) it completely resets the bios to stock. I thought it could have been the bios battery but changed this and issue persists. This issue first reared it's head when my Mrs faulty iron caused the electricity to trip twice and both times after that booting my pc up was a problem.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? As far as I know this didn't happen when I first built the pc about 6 months ago but I can't be certain as I don't usually switch the plug off.

Gigabyte x470 ultra
Ryzen 3600
3060ti FE
Corsair 3200mhz Ram
Corsair 650w psu

Soldato
Do you have multimeter to check voltage of that new battery?
Wouldn't be exactly the first time if supposedly new battery wasn't good.

Soldato
OP
Yeah tried 2 different batteries. Weird issue. First time it happened the pc wouldn't boot. Figured out it wasn't recognising any of my hard drives. Reset the bios which cured that. It's not the biggest of deals, just something that's worrying me that it will just die at some point. Might just order a new board and try it. Had been swithering over and upgrade to 5600x anyway :D

Associate
Built a system for a friend with a x570 motherboard
Same as you the bios will revert to default settings
Flashing an older bios fixed the problem for him

Soldato
OP
Built a system for a friend with a x570 motherboard
Same as you the bios will revert to default settings
Flashing an older bios fixed the problem for him
Ah cool, had noticed there was a newer bios available for my board for 5000 series support. Might try flashing the bios, will try an older one as well. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom