Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2021, Imola - Race 2/23

Rate the 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
If Hamilton didn't make a mistake, there's no way to tell who would have won this race between the two of them.

Possibly even Lando with a touch between the two of them. ;)

Soldato
Interesting comments from George about a 'gentleman's agreement' to not move across suddenly as he feels Bottas did.

I wonder if the telemetry from Bottas' car will vindicate those accusations or not.

Soldato
Bottas is a still clown , no way a racing incident in my mind .

Mercedes are still selling F1 fans down the river with this guy in the car . Just give it to George
It's hard to tell how clear cut it was either way, but Bottas will for sure have to explain to the stewards why he jinked right when he did.

Be interesting to see what they say after analysing the footage and telemetry but either way, he'll lose his seat to Russell next year no doubt.

Soldato
It's hard to tell how clear cut it was either way, but Bottas will for sure have to explain to the stewards why he jinked right when he did.

Be interesting to see what they say after analysing the footage and telemetry but either way, he'll lose his seat to Russell next year no doubt.

Yes wait to see the on board , but with DRS enabled and massive slipstream Ona wet track you don’t pull right.

I’ve said it before on here and been flamed massively, Bottas is now into his 5th season in the Merc and proved nothing . From a fan perspective he should not have been the replacement for Nico , Mercedes has sold F1 fans down the river as its clear he’s been employed to be LULU’s gimp .

Put George in the car now - hell bring Nico back if you cam , at least fans will have something to watch .

Caporegime
Yes wait to see the on board , but with DRS enabled and massive slipstream Ona wet track you don’t pull right.

I’ve said it before on here and been flamed massively, Bottas is now into his 5th season in the Merc and proved nothing . From a fan perspective he should not have been the replacement for Nico , Mercedes has sold F1 fans down the river as its clear he’s been employed to be LULU’s gimp .

Put George in the car now - he’ll bring Nico back if you cam , at least fans will have something to watch .
He was Nico’s replacement because he was in a team desperate for cash, was under Toto’s management already and it was easy to negotiate a release. I still maintain that had Rosberg given the team notice they’d have signed Hulkenberg before he signed his deal with Renault. He effectively screwed over most of the drivers on the grid.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I still maintain that had Rosberg given the team notice they’d have signed Hulkenberg before he signed his deal with Renault. He effectively screwed over most of the drivers on the grid.

And then Hulkenberg would have been the one to have his career trashed by being contractually obliged to play second fiddle to Hamilton.

'Woo'.

Caporegime
And then Hulkenberg would have been the one to have his career trashed by being contractually obliged to play second fiddle to Hamilton.

'Woo'.
AFAIK Mercedes still don’t have a clear number 1 driver written into either of their contracts? Sure, on track and performance wise it’s clear that Ha intoned is leagues ahead, but contractually I believe they’re still equal.

Caporegime

'Woo'.

Trashed? Nico's record breaking failure to ever secure a podium did that. Bottas is a better driver than Hülkenberg even if he's not cut from the same cloth as the likes of Lewis.

Personally I still think Merc should have promoted from within. For all the abuse Red Bull's academy get, you can't say they don't give their drivers a chance.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Bottas may have drifted right as he went over the crest as the track went left a little. I say it’s Russell’s inexperience of going too far wide and hitting the grass. His reaction after was embarrassing.

Man of Honour
Just finished watching this after recording earlier; good omens for the season if the Merc and Red Bull are as close; great to see McLaren back battling near the front and great to see Lando Norris scrapping too; he's looking like he could be a great driver in the future.
Hard to say who was at fault for the Bottas / Russell incident although Wolff's "Clio Cup" suggests he feels GR was at fault; thought his reaction going over to Bottas and smacking his helmet was totally unacceptable; he needs to grow up; I don't think he's anywhere near being ready for a Merc Seat next season; get him in an Aston Martin for a couple of years. If he wasn't British he would be getting a lot more stick from the racing press; frankly he comes across like a but of an entitled pratt at times.

Nice to see Mazepin delivering the expected Spin eventually!

Caporegime
Bottas may have drifted right as he went over the crest as the track went left a little.

Drifted? No, there's a clear jink right. He shouldn't have done that, it was dangerous.

I say it’s Russell’s inexperience of going too far wide and hitting the grass. His reaction after was embarrassing.

Indeed. Bottas may have twitched, but dropping it was on Russell. I'll forgive a bit of anger after a crash like that, the adrenaline must be extraordinary.

Caporegime
Nice to see we might actually have a championship battle between Max and Lewis.

Uncharacteristic mistake from Lewis today,but he did well to get back into second.

Associate
Watched replay a few times and it’s difficult to judge; Russell was on outside then touched the grass and caused the spin. Whether because Bottas moved across its hard to tell
Hamilton was able to pass there later just fine

Back
Top Bottom