• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3D Mark Scores

Associate
I'm confused with some 3D mark Scores...

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advan...ck=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

That's the leader board for my spec, my highest score is at #9.

My GPU clocks are higher than every result above me by some margin, I'm stable with every slider maxed on Wattman and yet even with lower clocks they are getting better scores I haven't hit 13k with mine once yet despite having the highest clocks?

Does anyone have any insight on this haha?

Associate
Are you soft-modding your power limits using More Power Tool?

I can't speak for the 6700XT, but when I was benching my 6800XT a couple of months ago, I found my best scores were when I was pushing the PL using that particular piece of software. So instead of pushing out whatever Wattman could push out (+15%) on power, I would up it by 30-50w in MPT and the additional wattage would help the card maintain higher clock speeds throughout the entire run?

Does your card consistently maintain 2.9Ghz or does it dip and peak throughout the run? The aim is to consistently have the card maintain that clock if possible to garner better scores.

Other things like RAM speed, and CPU core clock speed can also make a difference, albeit a small one, to your overall and graphics score as well.

Associate
OP
Hmm interesting maybe I need to try something to push the power beyond the 15% cap then.

It does fluctuate but it doesn't dip below 2750-2800.

I guess other than scores 500pts in 3d mark won't actually translate to performance, maybe I'll just leave it haha.

Associate
My 6700xt hits over 13k on 3d mark, I just set the power limit to 15%, set max clocks to 2900 and that's it. It crashed when I had clocks at 2950, haven't tried anything in between yet.

Associate
just ran mine but everything is stock cpu i5-10400f

11044 TS
12171 GPU
7246 CPU

Might try overclocking it later

Associate
OP
My 6700xt hits over 13k on 3d mark, I just set the power limit to 15%, set max clocks to 2900 and that's it. It crashed when I had clocks at 2950, haven't tried anything in between yet.

Strange lol, mine is stable with max clock at 2950 and it won't hit 13k, very odd.

Maybe different brands have different power limits in the BIOS and so the 15% slider allows for more power if the card BIOS has higher voltage?

Soldato
Could be tempreture limited
Power limited
Voltage limited
Binning limited (i.e even at the same voltage and power, one card can be faster than another due to pure silicon lottery luck)

Associate
OP
It really is so very annoying lol.

It is strange though, looking at the 3600X 3DMark board, there are very few cards with scores over 13k, compared to other CPUs.

Compared with the 3600 3DMark board, the 3600X is garbage. Which makes 0 sense and makes me question this whole "X" binning of chips, looks and smells like a scam. I'll keep that point in mind next time I'm buying a CPU lol.

Back
Top Bottom