DVLA Scam

Associate
hmm should i look into getting one of these new fangled photo license cards... still have my old battered paper one in my wallet , been driving over 40 years :) maybe next year :)

Soldato
I renewed my driving licence on-line using my passport back in January 2021. Passport only had 7 months left to run & it was fine.
Got my new licence in around 10 days.

Soldato
Old passports work find. New ones don't.

My new one worked fine for renewal as did others in here. I don't think the issue is with newer passports. There must be something else going on, either something with the details you're entering, name change, address issues etc. Sadly not something anyone can advise or help with, going to be a case of keeping on escalating or going down the form route :(

Soldato
OP
Could it be because the Gov website is filling in my address with a dot after the 'St' (Saint Name Terrace) in my street address where as my old photocard licence does not have the dot after the 'St' on it?

If so then scam still stands as this is just stupid and there is no other way to manually type your address.

Caporegime
Could it be because the Gov website is filling in my address with a dot after the 'St' (Saint Name Terrace) in my street address where as my old photocard licence does not have the dot after the 'St' on it?

If so then scam still stands as this is just stupid and there is no other way to manually type your address.

Stupid (if it is) does not make it a scam.

Back
Top Bottom