Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OP
Top tip, if you see one of these arrests when on holiday in the US, get your camera phone out - not only can you attempt to keep everyone involved honest (even if that failed in this case) but you're potentially in line for a pay out.... not only have the family had an 8 figure settlement by the city + a 7 figure go fund me campaign... but even one of the witnesses who filmed the encounter, now has a 6 figure go fund me page... for her "peace and healing"

1e1qbzk.png

Not knocking that it was traumatic for her to watch no doubt but I suspect that some therapy sessions won't necessarily cost that much, even in the US.

Soldato
Maybe he partially asphyxiated himself from hyperventilating, bad tripping whilst making repeated claims of not being able to breathe, basically a hysterical state / drug induced hypertension along with being laid face down and the neck hold. Maybe all were contributing factors which is why I think perhaps there is reasonable doubt, enough at least for a unanimous verdict not to have been possible.

Soldato
“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile—hoping it will eat him last.” Sir Winston Churchill.

Where will we go with this ? Convicting someone for murder after they OD'd on their own stash, just because they don't want the place smashed up.

Soldato
He said he couldn't breath before he got onto the ground.

How would you explain this?

Yet he was able to speak before and after being restrained on the floor so it was reasonable to conclude he was lying when no one was anywhere near his neck so perhaps crying wolf repeatedly didn't work out so well for him.

But he wasn't crying wolf was he. Maybe he was having a panic attack and so was having problems breathing. The fact is though that DC knelt on him for over 9.5 minutes when it was clear as day he was struggling to breathe and after he was no longer responsive or breathing. He is guilt, you might not like that, you might not like GF, I don't like GF, however the police aren't judge, jury and executioner. DC was indifferent to whether GF lived or died and he's going to jail because not only did he he kill GF, he did nothing to attempt to save his life. You guys really have chosen a ridiculous hill to die on here.

Soldato
Top tip, if you see one of these arrests when on holiday in the US, get your camera phone out - not only can you attempt to keep everyone involved honest (even if that failed in this case) but you're potentially in line for a pay out.... not only have the family had an 8 figure settlement by the city + a 7 figure go fund me campaign... but even one of the witnesses who filmed the encounter, now has a 6 figure go fund me page... for her "peace and healing"

1e1qbzk.png

Not knocking that it was traumatic for her to watch no doubt but I suspect that some therapy sessions won't necessarily cost that much, even in the US.

Wow what a sob story...

Soldato
Maybe he partially asphyxiated himself from hyperventilating, bad tripping whilst making repeated claims of not being able to breathe, basically a hysterical state / drug induced hypertension along with being laid face down and the neck hold. Maybe all were contributing factors which is why I think perhaps there is reasonable doubt, enough at least for a unanimous verdict not to have been possible.

And that right there is all the prosecution had to prove. That what DC did played a significant part in GF death. So by the State law you would have voted guilty from what you just typed out.

Soldato
He held a women at gunpoint while 4 others robbed her apartment.

This is a prime example of the whataboutery in this thread by the far right.

The basic human rights of; a right to justice, were ignored by a police officer whos job it is to uphold justice.. The police officer killed someone for no apparent reason and is now correctly found guilty on multiple serious charges.

Cry all you like about the fact GF wasn't convicted of previous crimes, take your argument to the authorities. More corruption and brutality is not the answer for many reasons.

Last edited:
Soldato
“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile—hoping it will eat him last.” Sir Winston Churchill.

Where will we go with this ? Convicting someone for murder after they OD'd on their own stash, just because they don't want the place smashed up.

He didn't OD on his won stash. The medical experts said that. You are just making something up to fit your narrative.

Caporegime
He held a women at gunpoint while 4 others robbed her apartment.

Sounds like your typical leftist hero, unlike Anthony Timpa who they probably think deserved it because of his white privilege.

They couldn't care less about the black cop who got killed trying to stop looting during the riots either, he was on the wrong side of the law.

Soldato

1e1qbzk.png

What is your point dowie? That Americans will throw money at stupid causes? We've just had an election where idiots continue to throw money at the defeated candidate that is just lining his pockets. Even to the point they emptied people's back accounts. So if your point is that Americans are stupid you won't get an argument from me.

Soldato
But he wasn't crying wolf was he. Maybe he was having a panic attack and so was having problems breathing. The fact is though that DC knelt on him for over 9.5 minutes when it was clear as day he was struggling to breathe and after he was no longer responsive or breathing. He is guilt, you might not like that, you might not like GF, I don't like GF, however the police aren't judge, jury and executioner. DC was indifferent to whether GF lived or died and he's going to jail because not only did he he kill GF, he did nothing to attempt to save his life. You guys really have chosen a ridiculous hill to die on here.

He wasn't claustrophobic whilst he was sitting in the car he was apprehended in whilst all the doors and windows were shut. He started playing up after he was hand cuffed as a desperate roll of the dice to plead his way out of being arrested.

Soldato

lol who the hell sets up a gofundme because they saw something bad happen?? That's literally the most brazen way to raise cash off the back of something, christ, it's tacky, horrid and just downright ghastly.

Soldato
He wasn't claustrophobic whilst he was sitting in the car he was apprehended in whilst all the doors and windows were shut. He started playing up after he was hand cuffed as a desperate roll of the dice to plead his way out of being arrested.

He did it during previous arrests as well, as shown in court. It was his routine.

Caporegime
What is your point dowie? That Americans will throw money at stupid causes? We've just had an election where idiots continue to throw money at the defeated candidate that is just lining his pockets. Even to the point they emptied people's back accounts. So if your point is that Americans are stupid you won't get an argument from me.

That $600,000 would probably save thousands of lives in Africa if black lives mattered that much to these people.

Soldato
Sounds like your typical leftist hero, unlike Anthony Timpa who they probably think deserved it because of his white privilege.

They couldn't care less about the black cop who got killed trying to stop looting during the riots either, he was on the wrong side of the law.

Its all about the whataboutery with you isn't it. Who has said a black cop being killed isn't wrong and tragic? The simple truth is GF wasn't on trial here, DC was. He killed a man and was condemned by his own colleagues and just about every law enforcement organisation in the country. That tells you everything you need to know as they normally never turn on their own, yet they were queuing up to testify against him.

Soldato
This is a prime example of the whataboutery in this thread by the far right.

The basic human rights of; a right to justice, were ignored by a police officer whos job it is to uphold justice.. The police officer killed someone for no apparent reason and is now correctly found guilty on multiple serious charges.

Cry all you like about the fact GF wasn't convicted of previous crimes, take your argument to the authorities. More corruption and brutality is not the answer for many reasons.

This is a prime example of a straw man argument.

People are saying that maybe he shouldn't be held up as a modern day saint, no one is saying he should have been killed.

Incredibly Colonel_Klinck has managed to get a "what about Trump" post in lmao

Soldato

Where did I say he was claustrophobic? I said maybe he was having a panic attack. This is all irrelevant though. To get a conviction they just had to prove that DC actions contributed to his death. They did that, you might not like the law as its written, take that up with the Legislature. His defence team had nothing, why do you think eh wanted to plead? He wanted to plead because he knew he was guilty of the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom