Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
I've recently got a mi watch for £89 and it's been brilliant. I moved from Samsung active 2 simply due to having to charge it daily.

My use is simple:

Fitness tracking
Sleep tracking
Alarm
Time
Message notifications

The watch does all this very well and battery lasts a week between charges.

Software is very simple and seems to just chug along without issues. Android app is alright too.

There are certain things that would be deal breakers to many like:

No Android pay etc
No speaker
Xiaomi.

But I personally think it's a perfect little device for very small outlay compared to say a new active or apple watch.

Caporegime
I've been using Mi Bands for a while now. I've had V3, v4 and now v5 for a while.

What's the best cheap wear OS option?

I used Moto 360's back in the day. Longer battery life the better

Caporegime
Wear os is dookie. For a Google product it's a joke.

I have watchfaces watch maker and I may have paid for the pro version.

I essentially want to be able to change the watch face to designs I find off forums and stuff that have been made using that app.

I see it's compatible with Samsung so I may look into Samsung Vs tic watch and see what is decent.

The problem is I'm a serial upgrader and I'll be looking to try and keep it cheap and just upgrade regularly selling the old one on to recoup costs so I don't want to go high end and suffer larger depreciation.

Soldato
I have watchfaces watch maker and I may have paid for the pro version.

I essentially want to be able to change the watch face to designs I find off forums and stuff that have been made using that app.

I see it's compatible with Samsung so I may look into Samsung Vs tic watch and see what is decent.

The problem is I'm a serial upgrader and I'll be looking to try and keep it cheap and just upgrade regularly selling the old one on to recoup costs so I don't want to go high end and suffer larger depreciation.
I found Samsung very good. They do have their gear watch designer software so you can literally build what ever you want. I did and put them up in the store, some had 10k+ downloads

Don
Recently got a samsung watch 3 for tracking training heart rates and all that malarky, it was ok I guess but I've swapped onto a polar verity which does a better job, however despite having other marques on the winder, during the day the watch hasn't left my wrist, the notifications for email etc are oddly amazing, as it's 4g it saves me farting around with a phone when cycling, training etc.. Can't say the battery life in this day and age is optimal, daily charging is a bit of a ballache, but I'm used to that now.

I've gone for a wildly complicated watch face which has a very visible 'always on' variant, whilst it's hectic it provides everything I need at a glance, I also added a ceramic bezel and a spigen strap

7LyU0Oo.png
Q4QmyFM.png

Please excuse the morning coffee HR and lack of steps thus far :p

Don
Would be interesting to see what kind of impact running all those watch face complications has on battery life.

I've alternated to see, no matter what happens it needs charging every other day so I thought I'd just have a purposeful watch face over a couple more hours wrist time.

Odd the battery life is so poor given battery tech these days, I could see it being a major downside for potential buyers. Having said that, you can switch off all the bells and whistles and it will last for nearly 14 days if that's your thing :)

Back
Top Bottom