What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Assault Android Cactus that I found in my Steam library and which is mildly entertaining. Also decided to give the original Spellforce a go (also have 2 and 3 in my GoG/Steam library). I played it when it originally came out but never completed the campaign. Bought it on GoG a couple of years ago and installed it via Lutris as I'm on Linux. The voice acting is pretty shocking but the game isn't too bad after you get past the tutorial, which almost made me give up and did make a mate give up immediately :)

Soldato
COD Warzone - I hate it, then it's great fun, I got 17 kills in one game!
Then I shoot people ten times and they're fine while I'm getting downed in one shot (with full armour).
Hammering the reload and armour keys 9 times before they work and then the animation is S O S L O W I'm dead.
And why, when I open the map, is it always miles away from me instead of, you know, where I am on the map?
Shoot a guy and he starts bunnyhopping like he's on a pogo stick (but still able to shoot perfectly straight at my head of course)

Even in Plunder, drop in, say Storage, great, get killed before you land, so the game spawns you on the furthest corner of the map away from where you want to be! Why!?
I hate this game (again).

Associate
I’m around 30 hours into Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey.

I’ve played most of the creed games but generally get bored of the rinse and repeat gameplay. I’ve never finished any of the previous games but something about this one has just really captured me.
I like the setting, I like the story, I love the fact that it feels like I’m part of the movie “300”

even if, like me; you don’t like the creed games. Give it a whirl.

Associate
I’m around 30 hours into Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey.

I’ve played most of the creed games but generally get bored of the rinse and repeat gameplay. I’ve never finished any of the previous games but something about this one has just really captured me.
I like the setting, I like the story, I love the fact that it feels like I’m part of the movie “300”

even if, like me; you don’t like the creed games. Give it a whirl.

Im about 30 hours into Origins atm and its brilliant. I finished most of the older ones but they did get repetitive, i started from the first one last year (had never played them before), couldnt bring myself to start Unity or Syndicate. Really looking forward to starting Odyssey when im done.

Associate
Im about 30 hours into Origins atm and its brilliant. I finished most of the older ones but they did get repetitive, i started from the first one last year (had never played them before), couldnt bring myself to start Unity or Syndicate. Really looking forward to starting Odyssey when im done.

I have Origins in my library as well. I’ll give that one a go after. I have heard good things about it :)

Associate
So, in regards to WoW, few mistakes I made

I foolishly watched captain grim's "shadowland experience" so before I even caught a glimpse of the jailer, I was picturing them with THAT voice.
I also quickly realised that "yiff" moment in aforementioned video wasn't some gag, disturbingly there are actually furries on horde side now.
Nobody warned me we'd be doing world quests again. Bit of a PTSD moment when the covenant told me to go do them.

Strangely in regards to the levelling.. pretty painless going from 50-60 and I was surprised how little time it took (though suppose rested xp helped) as I was only doing mini sessions.

I still have over 3 weeks of gametime left got so might actually use it to level my other chars to refamiliarise myself/figure out what I want (worse case scenario something better comes along)

I'm still gagging for a UT-ish fps title though

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been playing Valheim, for about 400 hours with my siblings (4) and partner then moved to outriders, which was an utter cluster****. Took me a week to get the game stable and eventually gave up on it, just isn't holding my interest. I went back to Shadowlands, which I'm really enjoying again. Got my SL rep to exalted and just farming Anima for upgrades now.

Caporegime
I've recently discovered Borderlands 3 - i've played 1 and 2 before and was a little "meh" about them but for some reason this one has really grabbed my attention.

I remember loving the first - at least to begin with, but after a few days, I really lost interest in it. I've got 3 and The Pre-Sequel though have yet to try them out.

I may go back to the first one but IIRC, I may need some tweaks and fixes to get it to work as I would like.

Back
Top Bottom