Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Soldato
I've seen some sales of Voodoo 4 PCI graphics cards and in the item description on a couple its said something like "retro, fits Amiga A1200" is it possible to upgrade the Amiga 1200 with a Voodoo 3 3dfx card?? :eek:

The things you can do with Amiga's if you have deep enough pockets is really quite impressive stuff! Guy at work has put thousands into what was his 1200. now in a custom Kickstarter case, massive CPU board + extra memory, full web capability, USB support etc etc. It nuts. I think that his processor board was like £6-700

if you get the correct expansion PCI cards are a total possibility, believe its the 1200, 3000 and 4000 that can do them. Think that his last tower AmigaPC build was running a FX5200 or R9250

Please see can of worms below lol
How install a Voodoo 3 graphics card and Mediator bus board in a towered Amiga 1200 - YouTube

Soldato
Quick scour on ebay I'm flabbergasted at the price of A500 now! Hundreds of £!
Even for manky yellow ones!

Incredible. Not sure whats happened in the recent past, they were dirt cheap for a long time...

Soldato
The things you can do with Amiga's if you have deep enough pockets is really quite impressive stuff! Guy at work has put thousands into what was his 1200. now in a custom Kickstarter case, massive CPU board + extra memory, full web capability, USB support etc etc. It nuts. I think that his processor board was like £6-700

if you get the correct expansion PCI cards are a total possibility, believe its the 1200, 3000 and 4000 that can do them. Think that his last tower AmigaPC build was running a FX5200 or R9250

Please see can of worms below lol
How install a Voodoo 3 graphics card and Mediator bus board in a towered Amiga 1200 - YouTube
Damn, never was was A500+ like that :D

Quick scour on ebay I'm flabbergasted at the price of A500 now! Hundreds of £!
Even for manky yellow ones!

Incredible. Not sure whats happened in the recent past, they were dirt cheap for a long time...

I know, the 'retro' and price surge seems to happen to hardware around the 25 year old mark.

Soldato
Thank you for the reminder to chase something, I sent off my A600 board for repair 2 years ago and it was deemed beyond repair along with my brand new BIOS chips and 4mb expansion. Said he would send it back and he would invoice me for £25, Never heard or seen it since.

Have the original Weird, Wild and Wicked box with PSU, the system plastics etc. all just sat here.

Associate
I always wanted an A4000. I just wish that Commodore hand messed up so bad. Amiga Format was my favourite read and I still prefer Amiga OS to windows. I cant see why Bill Gates didnt copy the OS to a RAM disc like the Ami did. Stupid Windows copying gigabytes of temporary files everywhere.

Soldato
Finally unboxed the Amiga 500 Plus I bought after several months of sitting here. I now have 4 Amigas lol.

A500, 2x500 Plus and A1200 that needs a new keyboard.

My addiction knows no bounds!

Next up is to buy another of the same desk my TV sits on and put it next to it in an L shape. If anyone knows of any self standing shelves or something that can hold several Amiga's at once (like on top of each other in shelf fashion) let me know.

All the PSU's I have are the original, looking to upgrade them to this https://www.ami64.com/product-page/replacement-amiga-power-supply-new-design

Associate
Dug the amigas out and took a picture, working on getting them all recapped so far only the cd32 is done, but once the all done will be buying a gotek, also a found this expansion in the 500, anyone know what it is?

IMG-20210420-133340.jpg

IMG-20210420-133527.jpg

Soldato
I still have my Amiga 1000, but sans monitor unfortunately. I gave away the monitor as it was faulty -the scart socket was broken, and there was literally a dead pixel in the phosphor - something I've never seen on a CRT before or since.

Caporegime
My Amiga 1200 has come such a long way from its humble white beginnings!

Black Keycaps
Black Case
ACA 25mhz 128mb Accelerator
Gotek drive
8CF HD Installed ( Lots of AGA games and Demos )
Blue LED HD/Floppy light
Hard Keyboard Membrane

old.jpg

image.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

new.jpg

Soldato
Going to have a rummage in my parents attic tomorrow. I’m sure there’s 3 x 500, various tape decks, loads of games. I know there’s a boxed C64 with masses of games and 48K Spectrum.

Soldato
Cheers! Not much else to do to it really, I suppose a faster accelerator! - Would love a black monitor though, would look the part

Been such a long time since I played with an Amiga. My brother gave me his when he got a 486. It Came from the Desert was one I remember, played Pinball Dreams and Fantasies for days on end.

Permabanned
I am emptying my mothers home (recently deceased) and my C Plus/4 / C64 and Amiga 1200 are in the loft (dry/heated by hot pipes) and all worked last time I checked in early 2001 just before I got a PC so I hopefully they still work.

Associate
Hah! Just found this thread :D loved my old Amigas (500, 1200, 4000, CD32) - sadly I don't have any of them any more :( I'm getting one of Stephen Jones' Checkmate 1500 Mini cases with an UnAmiga ITX FPGA board - anyone else here getting one? (Or a Mistix!)

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I have a full sized Checkmate case, and an A500++ board to go in it that I've not built up. I also have an RGB2HDMI and Pistorm to go in that once it's built :D

Back
Top Bottom