Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
I've been using Huel everyday day at work for ages so no problem there. I recently started to try a Hot n Spicy meal a couple of times a week. Not really for weight loss reasons just convenience and I like a couple of slices of bread on occasion too.

Couple of the flavours I tried. Tai curry & Korma actually smell better than they taste so decided to add half a small tin of Marrow fat peas and that did the trick for me. Adds a bit more substance and flavour if you're after a more filling meal.

Soldato
I've been doing this for 4 weeks now and have fully converted. I just do it in the morning for breakfast and stick to my normal eating routine but I feel so much more fuller now throughout the day and more energized. Especially when playing golf I don't start to flag towards the end now. I definitely snack less now before lunch, and in general so can't complain at all. Banana and chocolate flavours are the best, I tried the freebies of Vanilla RTD which was awful, but the Berry was more better.

Soldato
going to try using powder for breakfast as usual, mix of vanilla and plain with some fruit, and then the hot & savoury for lunch
Korma is pretty good, just inoffensive, like a posh cupasoup with lots of extra bits

Associate
Haven't tried Huel, but I've been having Whole Fuel Blend chocolate flavor from MyProtein, which I think is very similar but much cheaper at around £0.66 for a 100g 423kcal meal. I quite like the taste and it's pretty useful for dieting to know exactly how much you're having.

Associate
£50 for 1.5kg of protein powder, I knew it would be overpriced but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. Looks pretty similar to MP Vegan Protein Blend and Bulk Vegan Protein, which are currently £15.83 and £16.49 per 1.5kg.

Yup, ridiculous really. I'll stick to my usual PhD Smart Protein Plant, and I thought that was expensive at £12 for 500g.

Soldato
Can I use this stuff to replace evening meals ? And anyone have a referral ?

You could. The hot an savoury might be better for an evening meal. But the shake could work too if you're just counting calories. Might leave you a little wanting though. I have the shakes for lunch a lot, but then try to have decent meals in the evening, even if it's low calorie.

Soldato

Thanks, I'd used Matt's already just didn't realise I had to enter details before it worked

You could. The hot an savoury might be better for an evening meal. But the shake could work too if you're just counting calories. Might leave you a little wanting though. I have the shakes for lunch a lot, but then try to have decent meals in the evening, even if it's low calorie.

I want to reduce amount of evening meals because of my chrohns so it's not a problem if it's a little lacking as I don't eat large meals anyway

Soldato
Just got some for lunch. I have the hot and savoury mexican/thai/sweet&sour, I tried the S&S first and was not impressed, think I need to add something to make it bearable. The mexican chile I tried today I really enjoyed though, perfect as is. It will be really handy to take to work as I won't end up spending money in our onsite restaurant or Costa.
Unfortunately I didn't see this thread first but I get a small £5 discount through my work so a little saving.

Back
Top Bottom