I'm an idiot.

Associate
Put a 2TB MX500 in my PC as a storage drive and decided to move the 1TB MX500 it was replacing into my other PC. That was easy enough.

The other PC had SSD mounts on the back of the motherboard tray that were only accessible with the MB removed. The HD drive cages are in the shed somewhere.

Spent 40 minutes looking for somewhere to screw the SSD to without taking the MB out. Looked for and failed to find double sided sticky pads. Gave up, took the board out and screwed the SSD in. This took ten minutes.

Now I have boot drive C, DVD drive D and new drive G. Obviously this won't stand so I start disk management to change the drive letters. No DVD drive listed.

Googled furiously, found many MS support articles seemingly written by people even more stupid than me. I tried getting into the drive properties from every direction I could think of, no option to change the drive letters.

In desperation I restarted disk management. Just two SSDs listed. Then I noticed the scroll bar...

Moral of the story - just delete some stuff.

Permabanned
download.jpg

Don
Its not that bad, we have all been there, I did the same thing with diskpart, was like well its showing up in diskpart with uses the same api as Disk Management.... then I scrolled... it happens, dont feel too bad, I worked for a disk backup software company for years :D

Stelly

Associate
OP
It occurred to me that using the right screws would be a good move. I used some screws from the mending computers box rather than some screws from the mending sheds, motorbikes and cats box. Might be an idiot but I'm not daft. Or according to the family, 'Strange but not dangerous.'

bru

bru

Soldato
It occurred to me that using the right screws would be a good move. I used some screws from the mending computers box rather than some screws from the mending sheds, motorbikes and cats box. Might be an idiot but I'm not daft. Or according to the family, 'Strange but not dangerous.'

If you use screws to mend your cat's then yes I'm sorry to say yes, you are an idiot, every body knows you use tape to mend cats. :D

Back
Top Bottom