Do you check food use by/best before dates before buying? Possible poll?

Associate
Bread is never an issue for me,just stick it in the freezer.When i need a few slices just rest them in the toaster slots(without actually toasting them) and it’s defrosted in 15-20 mins.

Man of Honour
Only if it matters, if it's something I know will be cooked in a day or two then I'm not fussed, but generally I will fish round the back if the timeframe is too short. Can't have everyone doing it or you'll put that branch out of business.

Tesco is by far the worst supermarket in the UK, I avoid it at all costs.

Soldato
don't deserve to work at a supermarket

this isn’t something you hear very often :p

...I check all the dates on chilled/bakery stuff, not on frozen or tins or any other ambient stuff tho
1 day past the date is max for me and I don’t really trust the ‘use within 3 days of opening‘ type advice so either have the same thing two days in a row or freeze the rest after opening

Soldato
this isn’t something you hear very often :p

...I check all the dates on chilled/bakery stuff, not on frozen or tins or any other ambient stuff tho
1 day past the date is max for me and I don’t really trust the ‘use within 3 days of opening‘ type advice so either have the same thing two days in a row or freeze the rest after opening
:p I lasted three days!

Soldato
Forget that, just use the burger flipper to cut the packet mince into size (roughly the size of the patty), take it out.

Straight into a hot pan, smash it down and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

NrTvLqQ.jpg

So it's basically just a slab of grilled mince? :D

I make it a habit of checking dates, i have been stung way too many times where you've purchased something you intend to cook in a few days time, and then realise on the day that it needed to be used on the day you purchased it.

I've even had meat that's started to go brown before its use by date. So unless it's something I'm planning on cooking tonight, I'll look for the longest dates possible.

Back
Top Bottom