Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Mercedes folks with keyless start. Do your interior lights come on when you turn off the engine? Mines don’t and I have to press the light button each time which is annoying. My interior lights come on automatically when I open the door or unlock my car, just doesn’t turn on when I turn off the engine.

Soldato
Mercedes folks with keyless start. Do your interior lights come on when you turn off the engine? Mines don’t and I have to press the light button each time which is annoying. My interior lights come on automatically when I open the door or unlock my car, just doesn’t turn on when I turn off the engine.

Its in the lights settings in Command, you just set the light delay if I recall, or you can set it in the Mercedes Me App and send it to the car

Associate
Its in the lights settings in Command, you just set the light delay if I recall, or you can set it in the Mercedes Me App and send it to the car

My interior switch off time is set to 60s. Interior lights turn on automatically when I unlock the car or open a door but doesn’t turn on automatically when I turn off my engine. No idea why

Man of Honour
Don't you need to open the door first? I seem to recall the lights don't come on at engine off, just when you open the door? I might be wrong.

Associate
Don't you need to open the door first? I seem to recall the lights don't come on at engine off, just when you open the door? I might be wrong.
In the manual it says lights should come on when the key is removed from the ignition but I have keyless start so I don’t know if it is because of that.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
On my Keyless mercs (had 2 of them) the interior lights came on when you turned the car off via the stop start button, the same action that removing the key does on non keyless ones.

Associate
On my Keyless mercs (had 2 of them) the interior lights came on when you turned the car off via the stop start button, the same action that removing the key does on non keyless ones.
What year and car do you drive?

I just tried on my car using the key in the ignition lock and when I take it out the interior lights come on. So it looks like they don’t come on if using the start stop button for me. To be fair the manual only refers to removing the key from ignition, nothing about keyless start stop.

Soldato
What year and car do you drive?

I just tried on my car using the key in the ignition lock and when I take it out the interior lights come on. So it looks like they don’t come on if using the start stop button for me. To be fair the manual only refers to removing the key from ignition, nothing about keyless start stop.

Ah thats probably why mines different as I dont have a key to put in the ignition (no ignition), mines completely keyless (bedsides the emergency key to open the door if the battery is flat)

Associate
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has had an issue like this with a 2017 W205 C43 (36,000 km) ?

I had my last in warranty service by Mercedes in February 2019, part of the overall check revealed the following:

“There is an oil leak from the right-hand side of the motor
Checked engine bay for oil leak
No oil leak present
Cleaned are of oil residue
Lifted vehicle onto hoist to check underneath
No oil leak present
Customer to monitor”

I had my service B4 done at an independent mechanic yesterday and they noted this:

“Oil leak from the front diff area, requires further investigation to pin-point source of leak”

They advised that it would take quite a bit of labour to find out the source of the leak as there is a lot of bits and pieces to remove to do the analysis.

Does anyone know if the front differential leaking is a common issue and how bad it could possibly be if not fixed?

Thanks

Soldato
Does anyone own a Mercedes GLA? Specifically the GLA45 AMG?

What’s your ownership experience like? I wanted a Golf R but MrsHB doesn’t like Golfs, so she has decided she’s like the GLA. Whilst I’m not keen on the looks, I like the idea of the 45 so I’ve got something with a bit of oomph. Looking at a 2017 model onwards.

Coming from a 2014 Kia Sportage 1.7TD.

Associate
Does anyone own a Mercedes GLA? Specifically the GLA45 AMG?

What’s your ownership experience like? I wanted a Golf R but MrsHB doesn’t like Golfs, so she has decided she’s like the GLA. Whilst I’m not keen on the looks, I like the idea of the 45 so I’ve got something with a bit of oomph. Looking at a 2017 model onwards.

Coming from a 2014 Kia Sportage 1.7TD.

The engine and exhaust are sublime. Fuel usage is abysmal.

Anything specific you want to know?

Soldato
The engine and exhaust are sublime. Fuel usage is abysmal.

Anything specific you want to know?

Thanks. Fuel isn’t really an issue, we’ll be doing about 5-8k miles a year tops. Are there any weak points on the chassis, engine, gearbox, electrics? How much is servicing? Any essential options?

I’ll get a test drive of one to make sure we gel with it, but the power will be most welcomed.

Soldato
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has had an issue like this with a 2017 W205 C43 (36,000 km) ?

I had my last in warranty service by Mercedes in February 2019, part of the overall check revealed the following:

“There is an oil leak from the right-hand side of the motor
Checked engine bay for oil leak
No oil leak present
Cleaned are of oil residue
Lifted vehicle onto hoist to check underneath
No oil leak present
Customer to monitor”

I had my service B4 done at an independent mechanic yesterday and they noted this:

“Oil leak from the front diff area, requires further investigation to pin-point source of leak”

They advised that it would take quite a bit of labour to find out the source of the leak as there is a lot of bits and pieces to remove to do the analysis.

Does anyone know if the front differential leaking is a common issue and how bad it could possibly be if not fixed?

Thanks

I would get it fixed, the parts will be pretty cheap but as you say, the labour to get to it, is what will cost but from what I can gather it’s a couple hours work to fix so long as they can find where it’s coming from.

Man of Honour
Dropped my GTR into Macclesfield Mercedes today for its annual service and what a ball aching drive that was first thing! I have never seen as many foreign lorry drivers who all seemed utterly lost yet happy to do 20mph at all times oblivious to the chaos they were causing. Two hours nearly to travel 35 miles not aided by the fact the stop start traffic made my running out of juice problems much worse, pulling into a Texaco garage just to put a tenner in of unleaded until I could find a Shell garage as I had red lights telling me 'you gonna run out'.

I post as right now I have a brand new C220D as a loan car and have found it interesting to compare to the E220d I just gave back to Arval.
VQbuspO.jpg

Decent little car (90 miles or so on it) that seems quieter and is smoother over bigger bumps than my E Class ever was. Decent little car if coming from the GTR I once again feel perched on it rather than it it and feels much sharper than the E Class, which really was a big boat now I reflect on it. Same engine size and obviously feels much nippier in the C over the E class but it did make me wonder if a 3/C is better for me and my driving style than a 5/E...

Soldato
If you don't need the boot space, then 3/C/XE is the way to go. I downsized from an XF to an XE and if wasn't for suddenly needing a massive boot, would have been very happy with it. A lot more fun to throw around. I now have the E and it is a barge in comparison.

Man of Honour
If you don't need the boot space, then 3/C/XE is the way to go. I downsized from an XF to an XE and if wasn't for suddenly needing a massive boot, would have been very happy with it. A lot more fun to throw around. I now have the E and it is a barge in comparison.
I have had quite a few 3's and 5's over the years, both my own cars and company cars. Both were great (E39/E46 era) but modern versions are bigger and far less dynamic, my F10 was great but flawed as was the E Class. I don't do big miles that often and I don't need the space outside of wanting to dump some stuff now and again. I prefer to the sharper driver of the smaller cars, though prefer the insulation and wafting of the bigger cars.

Gangster
Associate
Dropped my GTR into Macclesfield Mercedes today for its annual service and what a ball aching drive that was first thing! I have never seen as many foreign lorry drivers who all seemed utterly lost yet happy to do 20mph at all times oblivious to the chaos they were causing. Two hours nearly to travel 35 miles not aided by the fact the stop start traffic made my running out of juice problems much worse, pulling into a Texaco garage just to put a tenner in of unleaded until I could find a Shell garage as I had red lights telling me 'you gonna run out'.

I post as right now I have a brand new C220D as a loan car and have found it interesting to compare to the E220d I just gave back to Arval.

Decent little car (90 miles or so on it) that seems quieter and is smoother over bigger bumps than my E Class ever was. Decent little car if coming from the GTR I once again feel perched on it rather than it it and feels much sharper than the E Class, which really was a big boat now I reflect on it. Same engine size and obviously feels much nippier in the C over the E class but it did make me wonder if a 3/C is better for me and my driving style than a 5/E...

did you buy a service plan? If not how much is your service going to cost?

Man of Honour
Nice to see Mercedes are still exceptional at getting their tech to tell you nothing is wrong...
Ip2H95n.jpg

FYI it has gone up in pressure since so I am concerned a midget is running alongside me putting air in the tyres. Good that Mercedes have pointed this out...

Back
Top Bottom