• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What ever happened to the forum deals?

Associate
Honestly I dont think ocuk can do another round like the 6700xt soon, that deal was like charity.
Ocuk got bills to pay and their mothercompany will not be happy about it.

Associate
Thing is, they can always give us a decent deal on MM and then jack-up the price on another card and sell that on their website to make the money back. There are always scalpers out there willing to pay the higher prices.

Associate
Fingers crossed on the 3080ti drops on a deal :D
For one the website won't get overloaded
And two no backlog of pre orders for months
They don't have to do it cheap aka around cost for us
Just make sure we can get a card !
So it's a win win for Us ! :p
IF they don't want the above ;)

Soldato
Well overclockers store had a 2060 OC on sale today, not seen if it’s still on tho. Unfortunately it was massively overpriced at around £500.

I’ve got a 1660 super on preorder for £240 atm, stock date keeps changing though. Used to be March now it’s early May. I would rather get a 3060ti or 3070, but the prices are silly!

Associate
This was true but not so much recently in my experience. Next to no drops and they're gone within less than a minute normally.

I dunno, I picked up a 3090 last week pretty easily - they came up 2 days in a row, day 1 my bank decided they wanted to talk to me about the purchase, so that didn't go through, day 2 went through fine. First time I got it in the basket about 20mins after the alert, second about 10 mins. Just had to keep refreshing

Associate
I dunno, I picked up a 3090 last week pretty easily - they came up 2 days in a row, day 1 my bank decided they wanted to talk to me about the purchase, so that didn't go through, day 2 went through fine. First time I got it in the basket about 20mins after the alert, second about 10 mins. Just had to keep refreshing
Y if your bank questions your decision that means it was priced outside the reason )

And if card was on for 20 min that just reinforces The suspicion.

I wish I could Afort to throw away 2k on 3090.
Unfortunately for me 600 is all I can afford and I make sure I get something Reasonable for my money. So I wait.

Associate
Y if your bank questions your decision that means it was priced outside the reason )

And if card was on for 20 min that just reinforces The suspicion.

Not sure what this means, but they blocked the transaction because it was unusual, so flagged on their system. Automated call came through, I verified it was me, all done, but by then they were OOS.

Day 2 went through fine then as I'd effectively pre-authorised the day before.

And the card's not 'on' for 20mins. It takes 20mins of pressing refresh for the buy button to appear.

Associate
Thing is, they can always give us a decent deal on MM and then jack-up the price on another card and sell that on their website to make the money back. There are always scalpers out there willing to pay the higher prices.

Nice, so what about the poor people who are not scalpers and haven't got the required 1,000 post + and haven't been invited to MM, do they then have to carry your reduced prices in MM????

Man of Honour

Not everyone wants or can afford a 3090 though. Many of us are wanting a 3060ti or 3070 and there hasn't been a drop on those for ages making it just about impossible to get one. Personally a 3070FE at £469 is already more than I really want to pay but it is what it is.

Associate
Not everyone wants or can afford a 3090 though. Many of us are wanting a 3060ti or 3070 and there hasn't been a drop on those for ages making it just about impossible to get one. Personally a 3070FE at £469 is already more than I really want to pay but it is what it is.

It's been 15 days - not exactly ages. But yes, the 3090 tends to crop up the most often.

Associate
Nice, so what about the poor people who are not scalpers and haven't got the required 1,000 post + and haven't been invited to MM, do they then have to carry your reduced prices in MM????

moaners like you got a chance at nicely priced cards in an unrestricted forum deal where far more cards were available than the MM forum deal.

Associate
Not sure what this means, but they blocked the transaction because it was unusual, so flagged on their system. Automated call came through, I verified it was me, all done, but by then they were OOS.

Day 2 went through fine then as I'd effectively pre-authorised the day before.

And the card's not 'on' for 20mins. It takes 20mins of pressing refresh for the buy button to appear.
Take no offense , I was trying To be funny .

But my point Is very few ppl can afford 3090
That's why they are easier to buy.

Associate
Take no offense , I was trying To be funny .

But my point Is very few ppl can afford 3090
That's why they are easier to buy.

I mean, I imagine they must make Nvidia more money per card? Though I guess digging out 24gb ram per unit might not be so profitable when you can load up 2 and a bit 3080's with that. Perhaps that's why it's twice the price! I dunno

Soldato
I mean, I imagine they must make Nvidia more money per card? Though I guess digging out 24gb ram per unit might not be so profitable when you can load up 2 and a bit 3080's with that. Perhaps that's why it's twice the price! I dunno

I guess that's why no SLI on 3080, 2 3080 would destory a single 3090 and still cost less. More money for Nvidia

Back
Top Bottom