*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Thread***

Associate
A smaller outer screen? Wow that can't be. Still waiting on confirmation there will be a Note 21 series, either this year or they'll scrap it. Due Samsung Upgrade Program come August and a 6month old model S21 Galaxy won't cut it but then I don't see them offering up a Fold 3 either, or at least not charging for the privilege. Interesting times.

Associate
Yeah same. And they haven't showed the outer screen yet which is supposed to be smaller than the food 2 outer screen

Where'd you hear that? I wouldn't mind an s-pen actually (though it's not enough of a reason to upgrade) but a smaller outer screen is a definite deal-breaker for me.

edit: found it. I really hope Samsung don't do the lite/plus/ultra thing with the fold.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where'd you hear that? I wouldn't mind an s-pen actually (though it's not enough of a reason to upgrade) but a smaller outer screen is a definite deal-breaker for me.

edit: found it. I really hope Samsung don't do the lite/plus/ultra thing with the fold.
The way one of those images looked I almost thought their was 3 different sizes. Looks maybe just the 3 colours showen in a rough graphic.

Soldato

They're going to do what they did with the Ultra and have the pen as an accessory. If the leaks are true, then it's a just a minor improvement over the current version.

Also that camera array on the back looks horrible, makes it look cheap.

Caporegime
Was thinking about upgrading to the fold 2, currently on a note 10 plus. As usual i take the notion of upgrading when a new version is apparently a few months away. :rolleyes: Presumably the newer one has a tougher screen if it has s-pen support? Seen quite a few comments about the included screen protector being annoying as it has a rubbery feel to it as well.

S pen on the note has been used maybe a dozen times since i got the note over a year ago.

Soldato
Was thinking about upgrading to the fold 2, currently on a note 10 plus. As usual i take the notion of upgrading when a new version is apparently a few months away. :rolleyes: Presumably the newer one has a tougher screen if it has s-pen support? Seen quite a few comments about the included screen protector being annoying as it has a rubbery feel to it as well.

S pen on the note has been used maybe a dozen times since i got the note over a year ago.
First thing I did was remove the screen rubbery cover, so much better and had no issues with screen so far.
Same with the Note10 and Pen, great for some novelty use, but just not practical, screens are to small for me as I need to be able to rest my palm to write properly.

Caporegime
First thing I did was remove the screen rubbery cover, so much better and had no issues with screen so far.
Same with the Note10 and Pen, great for some novelty use, but just not practical, screens are to small for me as I need to be able to rest my palm to write properly.

That's the main reason i went from an s10 to the note, just to try the s-pen out. Unsurprisingly it got more use in my mind before i got the phone than it ever did in reality :p

Associate
Guys, so me being an idiot I dropped a bottle on the phone and cracked a section of the screen. Now Samsung repair is charging £500... That's a tough pill to swallow..

So do I just get it returned and accept it has part of the screen broken or just bite the bullet... It a lot of money.

Caporegime
Guys, so me being an idiot I dropped a bottle on the phone and cracked a section of the screen. Now Samsung repair is charging £500... That's a tough pill to swallow..

So do I just get it returned and accept it has part of the screen broken or just bite the bullet... It a lot of money.

Suppose it depends if the crack bothers you enough to get it fixed and how long you're intending to keep the phone for. I thought the first screen repair was £100? This must be the second?

Associate
no, the phone is only 3 months old. Maybe because the damage is pretty bad... lol

Well.. its annoying, but usable... not sure it worth it especially with the fold 3 coming out.

Caporegime
no, the phone is only 3 months old. Maybe because the damage is pretty bad... lol

Well.. its annoying, but usable... not sure it worth it especially with the fold 3 coming out.

Probably worth fixing it to get the resale value up if you are thinking of a fold 3. I read something about pricing for screen repairs and in the U.S at least the first screen repair is meant to be $100 with the second being £500.

Soldato

Is it the outer screen is that is cracked. Samsung is suppose to offer 1 year screen replacement program but I think this only applies to the inner screen. I remember reading it but I can't seem to find any information on it now.

Last edited:
Soldato

The offer price (for a good condition phone) from the few resellers who'll accept a Fold 2 is only £500, so the cost of the damage is the value of the device, unless you're happy to repair and try to get more through eBay.

That's some pretty hefty depreciation.

Associate
The phones ive seen on ebay are still about £900... I'm still unsure what to so. Also I think the £100 price was the outer screen. The inner screen is damaged quite a lot!

Back
Top Bottom