** Resident Evil Village Thread **

Soldato
Played the demo. Found it totally rubbish. Looks crap, controlled crap. Story was shocking as was the voice acting and the total hand holding. Just generally utter nonsense and if it had any name but RE no one would buy this after the demo.

Soldato
Played the demo. Found it totally rubbish. Looks crap, controlled crap. Story was shocking as was the voice acting and the total hand holding. Just generally utter nonsense and if it had any name but RE no one would buy this after the demo.

Sounds like someone just watched Macks WAB review :p

I thought the demo was decent though mouse control was pretty rubbish. Hopefully it's just missing options as it's a demo. Eg. I couldn't find an option to change mouse sensitivity.

To me it seems like if you enjoyed RE7 then you'll enjoy this.

Associate
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

WAB is an idiot though, clearly this is his "thing"... and assimilates a review based on a 60 minute demo of a short section of the game? He slates EVERYTHING. He is the epitome of entitlement.

Was RE7 bad? no. Is RE Engine bad? no. Will RE8 be bad? no. For me anyway :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Please tell me WAB hasn't done a review based on the 60 minute demo /o\

Anyway, big fan of the Original Series. Resident 2 being my favorite and the team at Capcom out done themselves with the re-make. Only played through Resi 7 two weeks ago and it was excellent. Loses its way a little towards the end but for the most part I was gripped :)

If 8 is based on the direction they were heading with 7 and we can forget about 5 and 6 then that works for me.

Associate
Please tell me WAB hasn't done a review based on the 60 minute demo /o\

Anyway, big fan of the Original Series. Resident 2 being my favorite and the team at Capcom out done themselves with the re-make. Only played through Resi 7 two weeks ago and it was excellent. Loses its way a little towards the end but for the most part I was gripped :)

If 8 is based on the direction they were heading with 7 and we can forget about 5 and 6 then that works for me.

Yes :cry::cry:

And I agree, really excited.

Associate
I played it and the graphics are terrible.
A very poor console port.
May get it when it's £5

I also played it, graphics are not terrible at all.. did you even go into the castle area? looks stunning inside. Why is everyone all about graphics these days anyway? gameplay > graphics. RE never fails with story and gameplay. 7 was great and the RE Engine is brilliant.

Associate
Long time resident evil fan. Just played the demo. I’ve already purchased the game. Must admit I’m a little underwhelmed by it. Graphics look outdated and grainy. Controls feel a bit cumbersome too. Hopefully it might grow on me once I start playing.

Soldato
Long time resident evil fan. Just played the demo. I’ve already purchased the game. Must admit I’m a little underwhelmed by it. Graphics look outdated and grainy. Controls feel a bit cumbersome too. Hopefully it might grow on me once I start playing.

The grainyness can be solved by upscaling the resolution in the settings, even to 1.1.

Soldato

Ummm, might want to check settings. This looks absolutely stunning!!! Disabled lens distortion, film grain and chromocratic aberration. Everything else max (including RTX). Not playing anymore than quickly jumping into it, saving my self for the full release, can't wait!!!

Running at 3840x1600, Asus 3090 Strix OC, 9900k 5ghz, 32gb ram

q3hrNaH.jpg

pSb5rcK.jpg

k2theRU.jpg

zorzTka.jpg

UczbSH9.jpg

Soldato
Just watched WAB's video. God that man is an absolute pleb, I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt so many times... Anyone who takes him seriously and not as a joke needs to rethink what gaming journalism is.

'New game, let's go slate it in a Youtube video whilst smashing my bell because I've got my nickers in a twist'... Every single one of his videos is the same.

Associate
Ummm, might want to check settings. This looks absolutely stunning!!! Disabled lens distortion, film grain and chromocratic aberration. Everything else max (including RTX). Not playing anymore than quickly jumping into it, saving my self for the full release, can't wait!!!

Running at 3840x1600, Asus 3090 Strix OC, 9900k 5ghz, 32gb ram

q3hrNaH.jpg

pSb5rcK.jpg

k2theRU.jpg

zorzTka.jpg

UczbSH9.jpg

Exactly! look at it, looks superb. These heathens saying it looks bad!!

Associate
Just watched WAB's video. God that man is an absolute pleb, I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt so many times... Anyone who takes him seriously and not as a joke needs to rethink what gaming journalism is.

'New game, let's go slate it in a Youtube video whilst smashing my bell because I've got my nickers in a twist'... Every single one of his videos is the same.

This 1000000000%. The man is an absolute cretin.

Associate
Quite enjoyed the timed demo, took me nearly the half hour in the village part, and 18 minutes in the castle, looking forward to playing it at the weekend, I think i will enjoy it more than 7, anyone else think they may carry some assets over to a possible RE 4 remake in the next couple of years, they couls use some village and the castle aspects, but with a over the shoulder camera like the 2 and 3 remakes

Back
Top Bottom