The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
I don't want a wooden peel, and every single thing I can find says that perforated peels are hugely better for launching than smooth - less flour ends up in the oven and the pizza glides far easier

I use wooden peels for launching in my wood oven, never had a pizza stick. Also use semolina not normal flour.

Soldato
aliexpress ?, if I really wanted a perforated peel https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001830955364.html wouldn't pay ooni >£50

Eating cold (homemade) pizza - I don't do reheats, but best kept out of the fridge though ? otherwise dough never recovers ?

why do some people insist there are some hard rules you have to stick by when making pizzas. I try anything and everything.
not even kfc toppings can shock me since this People have just discovered strawberry on pizza

Soldato
How is it disrespectful? It's a pizza oven, why do some people insist there are some hard rules you have to stick by when making pizzas. I try anything and everything.

Some people just like the traditional stuff. I would hardly consider KFC to be a quality food so it wont make quality pizza for me anyway.

Soldato
DIY ? you'd be deburring holes to hell, they need to be punched. ... I think you could probably buy a sheet and attach a handle.

Soldato
Any nice toppings people can recommend, I'm starting to make my own pizza more and more now, didn't have much in fridge but made a pepperoni with a few black olives and mozzarella.

Anyone have there favourites they can share, I often default to peperoni as can't think of anything else:D

Soldato
Any nice toppings people can recommend, I'm starting to make my own pizza more and more now, didn't have much in fridge but made a pepperoni with a few black olives and mozzarella.

Anyone have there favourites they can share, I often default to peperoni as can't think of anything else:D

Generally i try anything and everything that's to hand. Left over KFC was nice, as was leftover tandoori chicken, tuna and sweetcorn is a family favourite, I've even had spam and leftover roast dinner. Just be careful if you do any toppings other than Mozzerella and basil you'll be looked down on.

Soldato
Generally i try anything and everything that's to hand. Left over KFC was nice, as was leftover tandoori chicken, tuna and sweetcorn is a family favourite, I've even had spam and leftover roast dinner. Just be careful if you do any toppings other than Mozzerella and basil you'll be looked down on.

Thanks, tuna and sweetcorn sounds nice topping to try, not sure about the rest:D. When I was making my toppings before I would always use grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella, I found that I don't need the grated cheese, just the mozz will do.

Soldato

I usually try to go through whatever Italian deli meats they have in tesco/sainsbury etc. Grab some nduja (was in my local Lidl this evening) if you can find some, can't beat some caramelised onions and peppers for a veggie one.

Back
Top Bottom