Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy AirTags?

• Yes, I'll get one

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Yes, I'll get a pack of four

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Very impressed with these Airtags, I put one of them in my mothers handbag (yes she knows its in there) she has just gone to our local Tescos (2 miles away) it has picked up her location without any problem at all.

Looks like the findmynetwork works really well, she refuses to have a mobile phone but at least now I have piece of mind especially if she is out in her car in case of breakdowns etc.

Cheers all

Associate
Ordered a 4 pack off Amazon, just set up a couple of them just now.

In total, I'm thinking:

1) Keys - Need to get a keychain holder first though!
2) Wallet - It doesn't have a change zip pocket, so I'm hopeful it won't fall out from an inner sleeve, might switch wallet to make sure.
3) Backpack - Just slung it into a pocket, just in case I leave it anywhere absent mindedly (hopefully without my laptop in it!)
4) Airpods case - need an adhesive type mount, I've got a cheap case with a keychain hook on it, but I think it will make everything far too bulky.

I'll see how they do after a few weeks, there are loads of times where I'm rushing out of the house and can't find my keys/wallet and these will help. I had a single Tile for my keys before, but the plastic casing broke.

Caporegime
Ordered a 4 pack off Amazon, just set up a couple of them just now.

In total, I'm thinking:

1) Keys - Need to get a keychain holder first though!
2) Wallet - It doesn't have a change zip pocket, so I'm hopeful it won't fall out from an inner sleeve, might switch wallet to make sure.
3) Backpack - Just slung it into a pocket, just in case I leave it anywhere absent mindedly (hopefully without my laptop in it!)
4) Airpods case - need an adhesive type mount, I've got a cheap case with a keychain hook on it, but I think it will make everything far too bulky.

I'll see how they do after a few weeks, there are loads of times where I'm rushing out of the house and can't find my keys/wallet and these will help. I had a single Tile for my keys before, but the plastic casing broke.

If you have a car, put one in your car. I think AirPods already has a tracker? it's listed under Devices in Find My already.

Associate
I will be tracking my two cats once I can get a decent holder, harder to get than the tags themselves. Need something that doesn't dangle too long like the Belkin one which I have on order but its going to be at least 2 to 3 weeks before that shows up, and the only odd decent looking ones on eBay will take ages to arrive as they are all pretty much based in China.

The Apple leather Airtag I'm using for my keys is very nice though.

Commissario
OP
My wife works in a relatively busy high street shop and she's wearing the AirTag from my keys today so I can see how well it works. She doesn't carry her phone on the shop floor so it'll be reliant on anyone else nearby. I've put it into lost mode and am getting regular pings from it so it must be being picked up by customers.

Associate
If you have a car, put one in your car. I think AirPods already has a tracker? it's listed under Devices in Find My already.

The AirPods can really only be tracked based on last location/connection to your iPhone, and these are for the actual buds themselves not the case. I'm also not sure the Airpods actually ping/make noise if they are still in the case..

Either way I have decided to just connect my keys and Airpod case on the same keying. Bulky, but does the job.

Associate
Finally got a holder for my cats that's as small as I can get, just about looks ok on my 9yr old as shes a big cat, but my 10 month old looks like Mr. T, she'll grow into it :D

Managed to get a photo of them both with it on, doesn't look too bad. They aren't complaining or even bothering with it so that's a good start.

CBpcqTqh.jpg

m96lIN3h.jpg

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Neither cat looks massively impressed with you. That is unsurprising however. They are cats.

I've got 4 of these on order but I have a fairly large suspicion that at some point I will end up returning them for a refund.

The world is going to lose its **** when the first person uses these for stalking and Apple will be forced to essentially gimp the product to the point where its useless for what most people want.

We will ignore the fact that I can go on amazon and get a gps tracker that will do a far better job than these if I wanted to actually stalk someone and go straight to the "problematic" misuse of a great piece of tech by a few weirdos.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Just for the lols, I've dropped one in an envelope addressed to myself and my wife is posting it from a nearby town. It'll be interesting to see how well it's tracked as it goes through the postal service if it's near to anyone's phones for them to report the position.

Back
Top Bottom