Non-UK Edition Snacks and Treats Thread...

Associate
It's slowly become a weekend treat for my other half and I now to call by B&M and see what new and exciting imports they have on offer.

4sDczGp.jpg
KitKat Gold (Australia)
9/10 - seriously does not get much better than this. Caramac and KitKat had a lovechild. It rocks.

G1OGH4u.jpg
Cadbury Caramilk (Australia)
8/10 - really is good, but towards the end of the bar I am getting a tad sick. Caramac and white chocolate vibes.

XirmLwv.jpg
Cadbury Marble (Australia)
6/10 - I'm sure these were available in the UK many, many years ago. Anyhow, very much a praline and if you like that, you'll love this

vvRKIuP.png
Cadbury Neapolitan (Australia)
2/10 - rank. The taste of synthetic strawberry is too overpowering.

Soldato
Cadbury also did something called Top Deck, which is a base in milk chocolate base and the segmented lozenges in white chocolate.
ISTR it briefly surfaced in the UK, though never took off, but you can usually find it at any good South African shop... and they use a different sugar out there, so you don't get that sick feeling from eating too much! :D

Associate
OP
Cadbury also did something called Top Deck, which is a base in milk chocolate base and the segmented lozenges in white chocolate.
ISTR it briefly surfaced in the UK, though never took off, but you can usually find it at any good South African shop... and they use a different sugar out there, so you don't get that sick feeling from eating too much! :D

I'm pretty sure B&M have Top Deck, plus another Aussie one called Perky Nana. Described as a delicious combination of Cadbury Dairy Milk milk chocolate and chewy, banana flavoured marshmallow :(

Soldato
On my phone now so cant post a pic but Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint Crisp was my favourite sweet growing up in Ireland.
Tesco used to sell it but afaik stopped it a few years ago. Still see them in some Irish butchers though.
Also iirc other Irish Cadbury products in Ireland were Tiffin, Caremello and Golden Crisp

Oh and Red Lemonade also never took off over here either

Soldato
On my phone now so cant post a pic but Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint Crisp was my favourite sweet growing up in Ireland.
Tesco used to sell it but afaik stopped it a few years ago. Still see them in some Irish butchers though.
Also iirc other Irish Cadbury products in Ireland were Tiffin, Caremello and Golden Crisp

Morrisons used to sell all of that, at least in areas that have Irish communities around London. Pretty sure the one near me has the Cadburys, Barry's tea and soda bread etc. still.

Soldato

Cadbury's shop at the local McArthur Glen sell all these, mother in law loves it because she's from Dublin, she orders Tayto crisps online as well

Soldato
Morrisons used to sell all of that, at least in areas that have Irish communities around London. Pretty sure the one near me has the Cadburys, Barry's tea and soda bread etc. still.
My local Morrisons don't unfortunately.
But my local butcher does the red lemonade, Barry's tea etc..
But only occasionally has the chocolate even though I buy 3 or 4 bars of mint crisp every time

Soldato

The Tesco Extra I normally shop at here sold both the Mint Crisp and Golden Crisp, annoyingly I only noticed them towards the end of last year and then, coincidentally or not, when Brexit struck they disappeared. Shame as they were great.

Soldato
Caramel M&M's are good, I managed to eat an unhealthy amount of them when I was in Australia and NZ.

You can usually find them on Amazon/eBay for a ridiculous price, but they don't seem to taste the same.

Caporegime
What is it with Japan and their fascination with KitKat? Furthermore why dont Nestle show the same love to the west?

Kitkat sounds like short for Kitto Katsu which in Japanese means "you will surely win". So Kitkat has become this thing you gift to children before an exam or a sports day race to wish them good luck. Each bar has a little white space at the back where you can write a personal message.

Also, the Japanese are very open to new flavours, a lot of these flavours are seasonal and limited, they come and they go, don't get attached to a flavour when you are there, it will likely be gone in a few weeks. It's just something they do.

They could make the same kind of KitKat here in the west, but they would bomb, they make orange flavour, caramel flavour and honestly, it's the kind of flavours you find in other chocolates on the shelf. It's not a NEW flavour not found elsewhere in the sweets aisle. It would be the day when they bring out Purple Sweet Potatoe Kitkat or Yuzu Sake (the yellow box). The difference in mindset is that, and massively stereotyping, most people here see "Sweet Potatoe in a chocolate bar?" their first reaction is "Ewwwwwww", as opposed to "Oooooooooooooh".

Associate
OP
Kitkat sounds like short for Kitto Katsu which in Japanese means "you will surely win". So Kitkat has become this thing you gift to children before an exam or a sports day race to wish them good luck. Each bar has a little white space at the back where you can write a personal message.

Also, the Japanese are very open to new flavours, a lot of these flavours are seasonal and limited, they come and they go, don't get attached to a flavour when you are there, it will likely be gone in a few weeks. It's just something they do.

They could make the same kind of KitKat here in the west, but they would bomb, they make orange flavour, caramel flavour and honestly, it's the kind of flavours you find in other chocolates on the shelf. It's not a NEW flavour not found elsewhere in the sweets aisle. It would be the day when they bring out Purple Sweet Potatoe Kitkat or Yuzu Sake (the yellow box). The difference in mindset is that, and massively stereotyping, most people here see "Sweet Potatoe in a chocolate bar?" their first reaction is "Ewwwwwww", as opposed to "Oooooooooooooh".

Impressive knowledge Raymond, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom