• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will my 10600K hold up OK?

Soldato
Guys,

I have just finished getting the PC (what I think is now) sorted, and it runs great in games, my only thing im conisdering changing is the CPU..

The other parts I use are good for a few years now, but my question is..the CPU..

Will this i5 be OK for another year or two? Or will I see good gains from a 8 / 10 core chip in the immediate future??

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
OK, thanks guys, one more quick question..

Regarding the cooling, my current i5 being 125W TDP, would the usage temps be the same as say the i7 being a TDP 125W also? or would the extra cores etc. make the temps higher on my cooler?

Only wondering, as advised above im gonna stick with my current CPU..thanks!

Associate
OK, thanks guys, one more quick question..

Regarding the cooling, my current i5 being 125W TDP, would the usage temps be the same as say the i7 being a TDP 125W also? or would the extra cores etc. make the temps higher on my cooler?

Only wondering, as advised above im gonna stick with my current CPU..thanks!

What cooler are you running? You can pick up decent coolers for not a lot of money now, the Freezer 34 Duo is great for the money.

Soldato
OP
Temp diff is negligible

Thanks billy, I thought as much, just wasnt 100% sure.

What cooler are you running? You can pick up decent coolers for not a lot of money now, the Freezer 34 Duo is great for the money.

Hey modd, I use a Noctua NH-U12S Cooler with a push / pull config, im happy with it, its a good cooler, I was just wondering if the more powerful chip would matter being the same TDP.

Associate
Thanks billy, I thought as much, just wasnt 100% sure.

Hey modd, I use a Noctua NH-U12S Cooler with a push / pull config, im happy with it, its a good cooler, I was just wondering if the more powerful chip would matter being the same TDP.

0 issues with that lovely Noctua :D

Back
Top Bottom