Newcastle takeover???

Caporegime
I really don't understand why NUFC fans want this monster to be part of their club.

They're pretty detached from it really, he's alleged to have ordered some horrific things in the middle east that they may have heard about on the news.

If it means going from season after season of relegation battles, to the chance of competing at the higher level again, they're going to take that all day long.

As a less serious analogy, it would be like quitting your job because the owner of the company has questionable morals. You would likely never come into contact with them anyway at a larger company and the harm they are causing elsewhere is unlikely to directly affect you. Basically, people look out for themselves rather than the greater good.

It's not all NUFC fans either, there will be a significant percentage who won't want him anywhere near the club.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah but you're not a Toon fan, gotta clutch at any straw offered your way

I'm not but I have morals. They'd be absolute outrage if they took over my club even before FSG. You can't complain about an owner's practices yet support this absolute monster taking over your club.

Don
A lot of reports coming out today that Newcastle's takeover is getting closer after Saudi and Qatar settled the bein/beoutq situation.

Don
Suggestions that the deal could be done in the next 24 hours. Toon fans will need to be on suicide watch if this doesn't go through now.

Man of Honour
Sounds like it’s about done.

I won’t begrudge the Newcastle fans some enjoyment (and it’s out of their control anyway), but it’s a grim prospect in many ways.

Back
Top Bottom