• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm not playing CP until the SX/PS5 optimized versions are out. Hopefully the game will be in a better state by then. Plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime on the ol gamepass though.

I was thinking of waiting but decided against it in the end. Runs flawlessly and looks pretty damn good on SX. Quick resume straight back into the action has also worked every time.

Caporegime
I did initially use one of those USB hub extension cables but it was a bit of a faff trying to get a mech keyboard and mouse comfy on a large piece of cardboard balanced on cushions. With the turret it sits perfectly on my lap as the mousemat slides out and is rock solid so acts as part of the lap board. I was surprised how good it is.

£230 is a bit more than I want to spend, is the mouse any good?

A wired set up would be a USB hub extension for about £10 and I can probably play it sitting low on a little stool in behind the coffee table lol

Edit - Going to give the USB HUB a go first, i might not even like the experience anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did initially use one of those USB hub extension cables but it was a bit of a faff trying to get a mech keyboard and mouse comfy on a large piece of cardboard balanced on cushions. With the turret it sits perfectly on my lap as the mousemat slides out and is rock solid so acts as part of the lap board. I was surprised how good it is.

What is the compatibility like for games?

Soldato
Could some one trust me a xbox live code please ? We are trying to play battlefront with xbox home share but it only seems to allow one on at a time.

So after some experiments, you can share games pass games between consoles, not ea games :)

So we got a 30 day ultimate code and it worked :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just noticed under settings that I have a Red Cross on the playing games section for Dolby vision at 4K 120hz.

Is this a new setting ? I did not have any red crosses last time I checked….

Soldato
Just noticed under settings that I have a Red Cross on the playing games section for Dolby vision at 4K 120hz.

Is this a new setting ? I did not have any red crosses last time I checked….

Odd, Dolby vision isn't even mentioned on mine under Playing games and I'm pretty sure we have the same tv CX?

Your tv setup supports up to native 4k at 120 fps and you tv supports hdr gaming is the only two.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I think with the CX OLED if you have freesync enabled in the TV settings then it won't allow dolby vision as an option anywhere.

You can still get VRR and dolby vision without freesync enabled in the TV settings as it will just use the hdmi 2.1 built in spec for VRR rather than "branded" freesync

Soldato
Odd, Dolby vision isn't even mentioned on mine under Playing games and I'm pretty sure we have the same tv CX?

Your tv setup supports up to native 4k at 120 fps and you tv supports hdr gaming is the only two.

It’s part of the latest dash available through the insider program. From what I have read Dolby Vision gaming needs the full 48gbps bandwidth of HDMI 2.1. CX and newer only support 40gbps hdmi.

The C9 supports the full 48gbps but it’s still crossed out as something about it not being fully implemented yet.

Soldato
It’s part of the latest dash available through the insider program. From what I have read Dolby Vision gaming needs the full 48gbps bandwidth of HDMI 2.1. CX and newer only support 40gbps hdmi.

The C9 supports the full 48gbps but it’s still crossed out as something about it not being fully implemented yet.

But the series x hdmi 2.1 is capped at 40gbps as well.

Associate
So after some experiments, you can share games pass games between consoles, not ea games :)

That's strange. I have a Series S in my living room (set as the 'Home' console to be able to share Gold and Game Pass with the family) and my Series X upstairs.

Both consoles are able to download and launch all Game Pass games (Inc EA Play titles).

Soldato
That's strange. I have a Series S in my living room (set as the 'Home' console to be able to share Gold and Game Pass with the family) and my Series X upstairs.

Both consoles are able to download and launch all Game Pass games (Inc EA Play titles).

I take it only at the same time if you're using different profiles right? I'm quite annoyed because I have to sign in on my profile when my kids play because Minecraft content is tied to your profile account and not the game, so I can't play on my Series X when they're using the Xbox One. It's really annoying and I wish there was a workaround.

Man of Honour
I take it only at the same time if you're using different profiles right? I'm quite annoyed because I have to sign in on my profile when my kids play because Minecraft content is tied to your profile account and not the game, so I can't play on my Series X when they're using the Xbox One. It's really annoying and I wish there was a workaround.

You could always pay for two subscriptions/content if you want to use it simultaneously on two systems ;)

Soldato
You could always pay for two subscriptions/content if you want to use it simultaneously on two systems ;)

I could do, but as I said, the only thing holding back the ability to play is the fact that for some reason Minecraft content is tied into your account and not the game. If it worked like other games and their content, I wouldn't be having this issue.

Man of Honour
I could do, but as I said, the only thing holding back the ability to play is the fact that for some reason Minecraft content is tied into your account and not the game. If it worked like other games and their content, I wouldn't be having this issue.

You will have this issue with all games that support cross-platform progress.

Soldato
You will have this issue with all games that support cross-platform progress.

Yeah I get that. I was just hoping that perhaps there was a magical solution because even getting another account for Game Pass would mean not being able to access the Minecraft marketplace content, and if I used that account the progression wouldn't be saved for me in my games. My Xbox account has been around since the launch of the Xbox 360 so I'm quite attached to it!

Associate
I take it only at the same time if you're using different profiles right?
Nope; different profiles.

The console that I want anyone in the house to have access to Gold/GP is set as the 'Home' console in settings (have you done that? If not, you can read the support article here). The other console, that only I play, is obviously not set as the 'Home' console but picks up my game licences/Gold/Game Pass via my Gamertag when I log into that.

With the above, I can be on my Series X upstairs, and my wife or kids can sign in with their own gamertags on the Series S downstairs and play any game I own, or have access to via Game Pass (it also worked this way one Xbox One, we had an OG Xbox One downstairs and a One S upstairs).

Soldato
Nope; different profiles.

The console that I want anyone in the house to have access to Gold/GP is set as the 'Home' console in settings (have you done that? If not, you can read the support article here). The other console, that only I play, is obviously not set as the 'Home' console but picks up my game licences/Gold/Game Pass via my Gamertag when I log into that.

With the above, I can be on my Series X upstairs, and my wife or kids can sign in with their own gamertags on the Series S downstairs and play any game I own, or have access to via Game Pass (it also worked this way one Xbox One, we had an OG Xbox One downstairs and a One S upstairs).

Yeah I've done all of that. The issue I've got is that my kids need me to login to the home console under my profile so that they can access the Minecraft marketplace content that I bought for them using my profile when we only had one Xbox. Now that we have two, you can't move the content to their profile so I'd either have to buy it all again, or they use my profile for it. It's a bit limiting.

Back
Top Bottom