Uninterrupted power supply.

Associate
(Sorry if this the wrong place to post this.)

I have ups that connect to my PC and had for two coming up to three years. Where it would give me an hour before it would shut down the PC. Yet since I upgraded my Pc PSU. On the program, it says it has 35 minutes of power.
Here where it get confusing is that the breaker switch was off for few seconds and yet my ups say it 4 minutes left. So I got off my PC and turn it off the PC and restart the ups. But I don't know if it going to damage my PC. Any help?

Soldato
I cannot find an exact statement for your model but UPS batteries tend to last 3-5 years. They also degrade if you use them on battery power.

Associate
I think the estimated time you see on the program is way off since its plugged in and cant get a good reading. Even with brand new batteries on that APC supply your not going get close to that, more like 12 mins.

Soldato
Apc se550

Have you got that correct? Are you sure it isn't an APC Back UPS ES 550? I used to have a couple of UPSs from that range and they won't keep your power on for very long. Five minutes or so to save your work. The UPS I have now - CyberPower VP1600EILCD - costs £188 but did last a long time on a light load. In the item description it gives an estimated runtime of 11 minutes on half load: you'd have to be gaming to pull that (it's more relevant to servers) but it's good to know that your game can survive a short power outage.

Back
Top Bottom