**B-GRADE CLEARANCE AND FORUM DEALS**

Associate
question on the AIO water coolers. I know they say open box but is it to be expected that coolers will have missing fans or brackets ?

I’ve recently bought an AIO and PSU. The PSU went back, as it had a serious fault and tripped our electrics as soon as it was plugged in, and appeared to have been previously used/fitted. OCUK gave a refund without question, so just inconvenient.

The AIO was definitely pre-used / secondhand. No box or packaging at all, and with the Intel CPU mounting only, plus no thermal paste. Luckily I needed it for a system with an Intel CPU, and it was a good price so I decided to keep it, even though I have no idea how old / used it might be.

So you take your chances with what you get.

I had been considering one of the large ultra-wide monitors, but I’m hesitant now. Can’t fault OCUK’s returns policy, but the inconvenience and risk of getting something badly faulty, rather than just something with signs of use / missing accessories, does present an entirely different proposition. YMMV.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had been considering one of the large ultra-wide monitors, but I’m hesitant now. Can’t fault OCUK’s returns policy, but the inconvenience and risk of getting something badly faulty, rather than just something with signs of use / missing accessories, does present an entirely different proposition. YMMV.

I grabbed the LG38GN950 (38" 3840x1600 UW) and it is basically new. Screen had been powered on for a total of 12hrs but the stand and cables etc had not even been touched. They were still wrapped in the soft packaging with the tape still in tact. The monitor is perfect, no dead pixels, nothing. I paid about a third of the £1,700 RRP. Totally worth it :D

Associate
Got my MSI Optix 32" curved screen out of the B-grade clearance last year and love it. Not a mark on the thing. Still hoping to pick up the 2k Version, as this is only 1080, so I can pair them up. Also had a Kraken cooler this year and although it had probably been fitted, if not for the lack of pre-applied thermal paste you'd not have known it by the condition. All the parts were there and most of the bags of bits were sealed. Only thing I've an issue with currently is an X570 motherboard I had to pick up as an emergency replacement for my dead one. It's not recognising the memory speed or that all 4 slots are populated even with the XMP profile applied. Shows as 2x2666mhz 16GB sticks of instead of 4x3200mhz 16GB sticks, running latest bios as it came with a 2019 bios (probably how long it'd been sitting on the shelf). Trouble shooting continues.

Associate
I’ve recently bought an AIO and PSU. The PSU went back, as it had a serious fault and tripped our electrics as soon as it was plugged in, and appeared to have been previously used/fitted. OCUK gave a refund without question, so just inconvenient.

The AIO was definitely pre-used / secondhand. No box or packaging at all, and with the Intel CPU mounting only, plus no thermal paste. Luckily I needed it for a system with an Intel CPU, and it was a good price so I decided to keep it, even though I have no idea how old / used it might be.

So you take your chances with what you get.

I don't understand why OCUK don't use a grading system A B C so people know what they are getting the descriptions are very poor.

Many many years ago I purchased a case which ended up being useless I know strange thing to say for a case but this needed special fittings for mounting things like HDD and used different mboard standoff you cant purchase these was missing making the case useless (OCUK accepted it back but the customer service person had an attitude when I complained its not acceptable to sell item that is not fit for purpose)

The dealings for new items has always been very good

Not great is it when you buy an item and it doesn't even include standard mounting brackets etc which is fine if they sold people this so they know full well what to expect (AIO I just ordered was like this it was missing half of the amd parts for mounting and a few washers/nuts for some of the intel)

I contacted Arctic directly who offered to send all the missing items fantastic service from them other companies wont do this they will tell you to just return item to retailer or try to get you to pay out silly prices.

Last thing sometimes the prices are very good other times really poor how do they come up with them?

Soldato
My SSD came this morning, no original packaging as was expected but very well wrapped. I've ran a few tests and it performs as expected, it shows as having been used for ten hours only.

Very happy for the price I paid.

Associate
My SSD came this morning, no original packaging as was expected but very well wrapped. I've ran a few tests and it performs as expected, it shows as having been used for ten hours only.

Very happy for the price I paid.

just purchased an SSD too from this section to use in an external enclosure so thanks for the info, hopefully mine will be similar

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
At the moment our system does not let us change the grade of an item. We are hoping that later this year we will be able to change this grading system. We have been asking for it for a long time. As you can imagine losing a lot of money on an item because the box is open is not ideal at least at the moment you guys have a chance to grab some great deals.

Associate
yeah that's not ideal, flip side for us is for example, i was looking at the BeQuiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1200W PSU you have last night, now that's a hefty PSU and usually you'd put that in builds around the 5k sort of mark, and I think it's regular price is pretty close to the 500 mark, so the B-Grade option does indeed offer a possible good sized saving, but, with no history and such a vital part of the system, do you risk it! :confused:

EDIT:
btw, thanks for the SSD deal, spoke to a very polite chap this morning, ordered and paid for :)

Sgarrista
Commissario
At the moment our system does not let us change the grade of an item. We are hoping that later this year we will be able to change this grading system. We have been asking for it for a long time. As you can imagine losing a lot of money on an item because the box is open is not ideal at least at the moment you guys have a chance to grab some great deals.

Leave it as it is :D

Back
Top Bottom