• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you sell a GPU on ebay now?

Associate
Feel for ya!

thx i got over it now. Learned my lesson. will not sell anything im not prepare to loose. if you go to ebay comunity u can see countless sellers being riped of by ppl, being charged back on not as described.

some one sold new gpu and got back not working gpu . now thats a loss. u can argue all day long, but ebay cant prove what u send so they have to side with buyer. so y 99.9% of disputes goes against seller.

Soldato
GT 210 yep, anything more valuable hell no.

The last two orders I've had to raise disputes on as they failed to turn up, they're both business/volume sellers so can afford the loss but if you're selling your prize single gpu... good luck to you.

edit: Seller isn't responding to contact and item is well late. Escalated the case with Ebay. Hope they're insured with the courier.

Last edited:
Associate
Nope definitely not anything of value. I’ve sold a few cards recently to the high street trade in store for less the lm I would have got on eBay but once they pay it’s done. No worries about returns or scammers.

Associate
If one wanted, they could buy a card from Ebay every 30 days, mine with it then return stating its faulty.
Seller cannot do anything other then accept the return as they would have received their card back. The scammer on the other hand would be £££'s in, and of they did that with multiple cards at a time they will be mining nonstop whilst the people selling on ebay losing out.

Soldato
You can sell stuff on gumtree and take cash.

I really wouldn't trust eBay as a seller. Been scammed a few times by people buying and abusing the refund policy.

Soldato
Meh, eBay has been fine for me and sold several GPU's over the last 12 months at high prices and not one issue encountered at all. Always take all precautions such as fully insured and tracked and I've never had any times where eBay have sided with the buyer. In fact I did sell something that the buyer claimed they didn't receive a while back but eBay sided with me due to tracking etc.

One thing which actually stops a lot of them pulling the trigger and wasting your time (i.e. they try to get you to send to alternative addresses, methods of payment etc) is by selecting require immediate payment on Buy It Now.

I must have got really lucky over the years given how much hassle people tend to appear to be having.

Soldato
I sold my 3080 on ebay as i could get a lot for it and it could fund my purchase of a 3090.

fast forward 2 months and the buyer whos been using the card for mining is claiming its faulty and screwing me via paypal.

I nearly always sell my stuff on the MM here but the lure of £1500 for the 3080 and greed got the better of me. Now im likely to pay for it

Caporegime
I sold my 3080 on ebay as i could get a lot for it and it could fund my purchase of a 3090.

fast forward 2 months and the buyer whos been using the card for mining is claiming its faulty and screwing me via paypal.

I nearly always sell my stuff on the MM here but the lure of £1500 for the 3080 and greed got the better of me. Now im likely to pay for it

Ouch, they've recently switched away from PayPal as well.

Permabanned

But if you get a decision by the bay that overrides the Pal.

Soldato
ebay just closed the case as it was outside the change your mind return window. I am not a massive user of it as every time I use it something like this happens lol.

Associate
Meh, eBay has been fine for me and sold several GPU's over the last 12 months at high prices and not one issue encountered at all. Always take all precautions such as fully insured and tracked and I've never had any times where eBay have sided with the buyer. In fact I did sell something that the buyer claimed they didn't receive a while back but eBay sided with me due to tracking etc.

One thing which actually stops a lot of them pulling the trigger and wasting your time (i.e. they try to get you to send to alternative addresses, methods of payment etc) is by selecting require immediate payment on Buy It Now.

I must have got really lucky over the years given how much hassle people tend to appear to be having.

I have sold a few GPU's on eBay over the years along with other hardware. I don't do auctions, I go straight to the 'Immediate Payment Required'. I also have photos of the card, the packaging and serial numbers. I put in the description about the serial numbers listed and the card photos etc, also put in as many photos on the listing as I can showing the card. I also send the cards by Royal Mail Special Delivery with insurance to the value of the card, if you were buying it new, it costs, but Its never let me down. (always add P&P to the listing price) I also put in the description that it will be sent by Special Delivery and that means there is a comprehensive trail of the card being posted to the point it is handed to the person buying it. All that tends to put the time wasters etc off.

I did an auction a while back (which was a mistake). The person buying it, had a UK address and it looked ok (I have a lot of postal exceptions) I looked on Google and found the house. I did a search on the buyer and found out he was a visiting student from wait for it......Nigeria...... I sent a couple of e-mails to him, which he didn't reply to, nor did he pay for the item. I bet he thought I would just send him the item??? Yeah, like that's going to happen. After a week I put in a claim for non payment and got my fees back and blocked him from buying from me again! This is why on expensive stuff I always go for the 'Immediate Payment Required'.

Associate
ebay case was closed in my favour so hes gone to paypal.

fantastic!
contact paypal asap best over phone and explane to paypal it was delivered as described and two months is enoght time for him to damage the item. u will get it cleared but u have to act.

Associate
I have sold a few GPU's on eBay over the years along with other hardware. I don't do auctions, I go straight to the 'Immediate Payment Required'. I also have photos of the card, the packaging and serial numbers. I put in the description about the serial numbers listed and the card photos etc, also put in as many photos on the listing as I can showing the card. I also send the cards by Royal Mail Special Delivery with insurance to the value of the card, if you were buying it new, it costs, but Its never let me down. (always add P&P to the listing price) I also put in the description that it will be sent by Special Delivery and that means there is a comprehensive trail of the card being posted to the point it is handed to the person buying it. All that tends to put the time wasters etc off.

I did an auction a while back (which was a mistake). The person buying it, had a UK address and it looked ok (I have a lot of postal exceptions) I looked on Google and found the house. I did a search on the buyer and found out he was a visiting student from wait for it......Nigeria...... I sent a couple of e-mails to him, which he didn't reply to, nor did he pay for the item. I bet he thought I would just send him the item??? Yeah, like that's going to happen. After a week I put in a claim for non payment and got my fees back and blocked him from buying from me again! This is why on expensive stuff I always go for the 'Immediate Payment Required'.

Same here when i was selling a lot stuff last year i had lots of this type of buyer most of them are new accounts or have a few purchases just to make the account look good they never pay up. just cancel the sale and get your fees refunded Paypal payments are the biggest problem.

Associate
Same here when i was selling a lot stuff last year i had lots of this type of buyer most of them are new accounts or have a few purchases just to make the account look good they never pay up. just cancel the sale and get your fees refunded Paypal payments are the biggest problem.

Cash on Collection, if they want it, the come and get it. Met some very nice and decent buyers.

Back
Top Bottom