• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card?

Soldato
The stock drops at AMD.com could generously be described as "infrequent". Good luck to anyone trying to get one from there.

Yes, they do happen. But they also sell out instantly, as you might imagine.

Never suggested you should attempt to buy from AMD, my point was their prices are realistic which tends to suggest prices should get back to normal once this stock shortage and scalping is over.

Caporegime
The stock drops at AMD.com could generously be described as "infrequent". Good luck to anyone trying to get one from there.

Yes, they do happen. But they also sell out instantly, as you might imagine.

There are no stock drops on the UK site at least, hasn't been any since December.

Associate
OP
Think I have a gtx970 coming from work colleague that will do till/if prices drop. It was a cheap option and much better than paying over the odds.
Will still keep my eye out for a 3060 or something.

Man of Honour
Sounds like a result :)
Graphics cards won’t be overpriced forever, manufacturers will want to get them back down to their intended RRP as soon as possible as they won’t sell nearly as many at these high prices.
That's kind of the issue though - the reason they are at high prices, is because the are selling ALL the cards. It's not like they have huge inventories of stock and are being forced to put silly price stickers on them preventing a sale. The problem isn't high prices suppressing demand, it's insufficient supply to meet demand resulting in upwards pressure on prices.

As and when supply increases, they'll want prices to remain high (more profits assuming they sell to distributors for inflated prices) until such time as it starts to significantly outstrip demand.

Back
Top Bottom