** Official Returnal Thread **

Soldato
Made it to level 5 on Adrenaline last night, my heart was pounding.

Anyone getting Alien vs Predator vibes on the first biome? specifcially the underground pyramid? It feels so alike.

Oh, and regarding those large stone gates with treasure behind them:

Look around the immediate vicinity for a yellow light usually on a wall, aim your gun it will red and then shoot. This will unlock the game

Associate
Yeah I imagine if you had multiple users in the same house it would be a bit of a pain.

This is my bug bear, loving the challenge but I'm half way through a run from late last night and my 7 year old son is desperate for a bit of gaming time with his dad this afternoon.....loving It Takes Two as it happens!

Soldato
Biome 5 escalated just a tad. Feels like every gun I use is a peashooter.

Grind some weapon traits, nearly all of the guns are viable and most end up feeling a touch overpowered once you get 3-4 decent traits. Only one I can't get on with is the shotgun, it's okay with the narrow spread trait but pretty useless otherwise.

Hallowseeker and pylon are both very good with some decent traits.

Soldato
Just straight damage, it wasn't upgraded much, if at all. If I get around to playing it later I'll take a screenshot.

It looks like (going by the IGN Wiki) the spitmaw blaster with a huge straight shooting projectile.

Caporegime
Don't think we will see a sequel as dropped to 15th place in the UK charts after a week of release, 84% drop.

People aren't going to take a risk on a £70 game, the developers have shot themselves in the foot really.

I guess we'll see if it lingers in the charts when it reaches £40 or thereabouts.

Why buy Returnal which is an unknown quantity for £70 when RE Village is released a week later for £45 in some places.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Try to grab a Hallowseeker with Portal Gun. Melts everything.
Grind some weapon traits, nearly all of the guns are viable and most end up feeling a touch overpowered once you get 3-4 decent traits. Only one I can't get on with is the shotgun, it's okay with the narrow spread trait but pretty useless otherwise.

Hallowseeker and pylon are both very good with some decent traits.
Yeah traits seem to be key. The mark II traits I've been unlocking, as well as the new ones make a world of difference. And tbh it's a nice side venture while getting mauled over and over again. Feels like some kind of progression.

Soldato
Accidentally picked up a parasite yesterday as it said greatly improves integrity but I failed to read the small print as it also greatly increased cool down for melee and dash :( got killed before I could find an item to remove it! I had the hollowseeker with the waves trait as well that seems to melt everything.

Is it possible to skip the first biome and go straight to 2nd one and perform well in it? Last few cycles I’ve died in the first biome just trying to collect some items and maybe a revive before going back to 2. Is that what everyone else does?

Soldato
Accidentally picked up a parasite yesterday as it said greatly improves integrity but I failed to read the small print as it also greatly increased cool down for melee and dash :( got killed before I could find an item to remove it! I had the hollowseeker with the waves trait as well that seems to melt everything.

Is it possible to skip the first biome and go straight to 2nd one and perform well in it? Last few cycles I’ve died in the first biome just trying to collect some items and maybe a revive before going back to 2. Is that what everyone else does?
You'll get a random item at the start of the next biome which will level your weapon enough to be able to take out the enemies there so you can pretty much go straight there if you can live with low health. I like to farm the early biomes quickly before moving on. In non lock down rooms you don't have to kill everything you can just move on. Most enemies won't travel through doors. The teleporting Groots do though!

Last edited:
Associate
Boss 1 finally down, ironically in the end it was fairly straightforward, I had a large integrity vial and an astronaut and didn't need to use either.

Onwards and upwards!

Back
Top Bottom