*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
@Ravenger A higher Rez CV1 was exactly what I was after.
I was a bit irked that I'd bought my CV1 for €399 in 2018 (was on special from €449) and I've actually payed €349 for the Quest 2 + €51 for the router. So the same price in all.

@Begbie Thanks for the link.

So, an update. After a watching a couple of YouTube videos on how to setup the face strap for comfort, I can happily say that it's now a lot more comfortable and stays off my nose. It's so important to set up any VR glasses correctly for your head.
The only issue I'm having is that the foam used for the interface feels prickly on my skin so I'll probably have to get a replacement.

I'm also using headphones rather than the built-in sound so that's a lot better too.

Had a quick blast on Assetto Corsa Competizione and it's marvellous :) Smooth, clear (distant objects seem a little blurry but I'm still fiddling with the headset and settings) and just what I was after.

At first, I was disappointed, but it's now growing on me so I don't feel I wasted my money.

@Dano I never had issues with the smallest IPD setting on the CV1. However, it wasn't until I'd had the thing for a year before I realised I had the headstrap set up wrong (I had the strap that goes around my head far too high). After some adjustment it fit like a glove. Maybe you could experiment a bit more?

Caporegime
My Lenses saga continues.

Parcel Force tried to deliver Yesterday/Monday, i was at work, got carded.
Checked time on card, opens 7am to 1pm.
Went today Tuesday at 12:30pm, nobody there, sees Paper stuck on the window (7am to 10am!)
Checks address on the card, it tells me to go to a depot 30miles from my house, not the one half a mile from my house which I always go to....WTF?
Both are close on Wednesday.
So now will get it delivered to an actual post office and I can pick it up on Thursday, which closes at 5:30pm.

Soldato
@Dano I never had issues with the smallest IPD setting on the CV1. However, it wasn't until I'd had the thing for a year before I realised I had the headstrap set up wrong (I had the strap that goes around my head far too high). After some adjustment it fit like a glove. Maybe you could experiment a bit more?

It's not an adjustment that will make a difference, just the position of the sweet spot for me combined with the narrow IPD I need to use causes the lens mounts to pinch my the bridge of my nose.

Associate
It's not an adjustment that will make a difference, just the position of the sweet spot for me combined with the narrow IPD I need to use causes the lens mounts to pinch my the bridge of my nose.
I’m pretty sure the Quest 2 would be worse for you unless a deeper facial interface would work. Shame :/

Soldato
My Lenses saga continues.

Parcel Force tried to deliver Yesterday/Monday, i was at work, got carded.
Checked time on card, opens 7am to 1pm.
Went today Tuesday at 12:30pm, nobody there, sees Paper stuck on the window (7am to 10am!)
Checks address on the card, it tells me to go to a depot 30miles from my house, not the one half a mile from my house which I always go to....WTF?
Both are close on Wednesday.
So now will get it delivered to an actual post office and I can pick it up on Thursday, which closes at 5:30pm.

The struggle for VR gaming nirvana continues!!

I fully expect there will be some disaster or mix up on Thursday which will prevent you collecting them.

:p

Seriously though, what a PITA!! And it always seem worse somehow when the delivery messes up on the last leg of the journey to your house.

Soldato
I'm not sure what I was expecting from my upgrade to 3070 but Alyx crashes if more than 72hz, anything higher than default bitrate etc.

Can see it's a common problem with Alyx on reddit. I wonder if wireless would run better? (Waiting for garage conversion and LAN).

It's completely playable of course but would have loved some 90hz+

Last edited:
Associate
The Quest2 is too small, it works fine but theres very little immersion as it's like looking through goggles...no peripheral image at all.

Soldato
The Quest2 is too small, it works fine but theres very little immersion as it's like looking through goggles...no peripheral image at all.

Not many headsets have a wide FOV. However I have an Index as well as a Quest 2 and what keeps me going back to the index is the bigger FOV. Vertically it's very difficult to even see the edges. It's far more immersive. Plus with the lenses being clear edge-to-edge you don't have to move your head so much, you can move your eyes instead.

Soldato
I'm not sure what I was expecting from my upgrade to 3070 but Alyx crashes if more than 72hz, anything higher than default bitrate etc.

Can see it's a common problem with Alyx on reddit. I wonder if wireless would run better? (Waiting for garage conversion and LAN).

It's completely playable of course but would have loved some 90hz+

Ok so I changed to x0.9 resolution and kept it high settings. Stuck the "nowindow" command in Alyx launch options. . 90hz no problem now.

Finished the level "Jeff". So clever.......

Last edited:
Caporegime
The struggle for VR gaming nirvana continues!!

I fully expect there will be some disaster or mix up on Thursday which will prevent you collecting them.

:p

Seriously though, what a PITA!! And it always seem worse somehow when the delivery messes up on the last leg of the journey to your house.

Got it!!!

tqJ5xaT.jpg

So much better than glasses, like so much better. First of all the gap on the nose to the real world is now closed with no glasses inside the VR. The peripheral visions into the corners are 100x improved and now I know my glasses won't scratch the VR lens and vice versa, something i was aware of could happen.

Soldato
Got it!!!

So much better than glasses, like so much better. First of all the gap on the nose to the real world is now closed with no glasses inside the VR. The peripheral visions into the corners are 100x improved and now I know my glasses won't scratch the VR lens and vice versa, something i was aware of could happen.

They're a quality product. I'm very happy with mine. I have them for the Quest 2 and the Index.
The most annoying thing is having to buy a new set if I get a new headset (though fortunately my Quest 1 lenses also fit the Quest 2).

I have a pair of lenses for the CV1 which I can no longer use as they don't fit any of the available adaptors for newer headsets.

Soldato
Got it!!!

tqJ5xaT.jpg

Finally!!

And I am delighted that they are making your VR experience so much better. It would have been a tragedy if you went through all that waiting and noticed no difference! :p

They do look like Quality gear. It's just a shame that they can't be moved between different headsets.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with the oculus store at the moment? Tried to buy lone echo with the discount code but the store freezes and goes blank. Tried restarting and same thing, just goes blank when i apply the code.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with the oculus store at the moment? Tried to buy lone echo with the discount code but the store freezes and goes blank. Tried restarting and same thing, just goes blank when i apply the code.

How are you buying it? You can use the phone app, desktop client, or website. If one method doesn't work then you can always try another.

Soldato
How are you buying it? You can use the phone app, desktop client, or website. If one method doesn't work then you can always try another.
Managed to do it in the headset instead, went through fine. Weirdly the oculus pc software seems bugged. Friend requests that i've already accepted are still stuck on requests even though in the headset i've already accepted. So weird...

Back
Top Bottom