Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Soldato
2ndhnd.com have both the Steelcase Please V2 and the Giroflex G64 in stock at the moment, also have a "managerial" version of the G64... very tempted by the G64

How does the G64 lumbar support work? It looks fixed?

The Please V2 is so good because the lumbar support is hinged and moves to support your lower back, whether you're sitting bolt upright like a good person, or having a recline with your feet on the desk (definitely not me during meetings :p)

Associate
What's the opinions on the G64 Original? I'm in the market for a replacement chair (currently have a Vertagear, which the fake leather is splitting like mad)

Soldato
OK I see, so you are relatively tall and well built and you would need the wider model of the Giroflex 64 (like many high-end chairs it comes in different sizes).

Yeah the managers chair definitely felt more supportive and comfortable to me - i ordered both and picked which i preferred.....

Associate
Had a bit of a sit in an Aeron in John Lewis today. It was easily the best of the limited selection of chairs they had on show (mostly their own brand and humanscale). Certainly in a higher league than the Orangebox from the short time I sat in it.

But for the best part of a grand? Not sure.

Quite tempted by the Mirra 2 though if the quality and sitting experience is similar.

Caporegime
Had a bit of a sit in an Aeron in John Lewis today. It was easily the best of the limited selection of chairs they had on show (mostly their own brand and humanscale). Certainly in a higher league than the Orangebox from the short time I sat in it.

But for the best part of a grand? Not sure.

Quite tempted by the Mirra 2 though if the quality and sitting experience is similar.
Why wouid you buy new?

Caporegime
Well a 2nd hand remastered Aeron with the posturefit support is upwards of £700 as far as I can tell and the 12 year warranty doesn't transfer. £900 for a new one doesn't seem that much of a stretch.
I think you need to spend a little more time searching, as if I google "Herman miller posturefit used uk" then it gets quite a few hits that seem around £450. Just go though the first couple of pages of links.

Back
Top Bottom