Gamers, What's Your Audio Set Up?

Soldato
@foster grant I had a set of HD600 cans for a couple of years. I eventually sold them but I must say they were sweet sounding headphones. I have a really cool custom made OTL amp that just paired so well with the HD600. So well in fact that I may just buy another set of those cans.

Ok cool, I actually did also oerder some HD600s for my Daughter too so they should turn up with the amp ...fingers croseed.

Associate
Sound Blaster Z which I have from previous set. Sennheiser Game One which is amazing set for a "gaming headset" & set of stereo speakers Fenda R30BT
I love Sound Blaster for the option to use headset and speaker and an easy switch between them without touching any cables. Gaming sound & music quality is great, as long as drivers works it's great set.

Associate
Sound Blaster Z with Z-906 for speakers and a G6 with Sennhesier GSP 500's for headset. Having the G6 for the headset makes it real easy to switch it over to my work laptop since I started working from home, also good for using with consoles when there is an exclusive I want to play.
Also have a Woojer vest I'll use occasionally for immersive games or movies.

Actually waiting on a pair of Edifier S1000DB active 2.0 speakers which I might start using instead of the Z906 speakers depending how well I get on with them.

Associate
So I use the same audio equipment chain for gaming, productivity and content creation.

Work/Home laptop via USB to Focusrite Claret 4Pre USB connected to Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 250Ohm headphones. Then in terms of audio in I have a Rode Procaster (Dynamic Mic) going into Channel 1 and a AKG P120 (Condenser Mic) for my daughter to use when we stream/record together.

The Focusrite was a pain to get working on my work Dell XPS 9500 due to DPC latency caused by various pre-installed rubbish, but once I figured that out and stopped the relevant Dell components that caused the issues everything is awesome!

I've toyed with getting a DBX 286S channel strip and a Shure SM7B, holding off on that maybe for a couple of years though as over time it the channel strip may become redundant due to audio interfacings being able to cope with such a gain hungry mic.

Associate
Using an arcam irDAC-II which I got an amazing deal on when it went eol (£280 new down from £500).
Akg712 pros for online FPS games, studio sound, footsteps I find really easy to hear.
Phillips Fidelio x2hr for everything else including sp games along with FX Sound software, a must imo.

Soldato
Do any of these setups work with the Xbox Series X as well as PC?

I would like to have an all in one mixer type device that will allow me to use one set of headphones and a USB/XLR microphone. I've been looking for ages but really struggling so any help is greatly appreciated!

Associate
Do any of these setups work with the Xbox Series X as well as PC?

I would like to have an all in one mixer type device that will allow me to use one set of headphones and a USB/XLR microphone. I've been looking for ages but really struggling so any help is greatly appreciated!

Honestly, I've never tried, in theory, once a Focusrite Audio Interface is setup it doesn't actually need the PC that's just simply one of many sources/destinations for audio. So I can, for example, run my bass directly into the Focusrite and get real-time monitoring of both the bass and the mic without the PC being connected. You can use Focusrite control to route channels to different outputs, then use a headphone splitter to connect to the XBox controller?

Having a bit of a google about looks like you can do similar with a GoXLR.

Associate
Currently have a Creative G6 for use with the Laptop or PS5, coupled with either some Beyer DT990 Pro 250ohm, Tygr 300r or Sennheiser HD560s - have a Vmoda BoomPro for the Tygr when voice chat is needed and a similar mic (only with a 2.5mm jack) for the Sennheisers. Also have a wireless ModMic for use with the 990s mainly.

Just picked up some B&O Beoplay Portals for use with the Xbox Series X and for mobile music listening.

Next purchase will be a Schiit Hel 2 to save me moving the G6 from Laptop to PS5.

Soldato
Currently have a Creative G6 for use with the Laptop or PS5, coupled with either some Beyer DT990 Pro 250ohm, Tygr 300r or Sennheiser HD560s - have a Vmoda BoomPro for the Tygr when voice chat is needed and a similar mic (only with a 2.5mm jack) for the Sennheisers. Also have a wireless ModMic for use with the 990s mainly.

Just picked up some B&O Beoplay Portals for use with the Xbox Series X and for mobile music listening.

Next purchase will be a Schiit Hel 2 to save me moving the G6 from Laptop to PS5.

Lol I guess that prevents the issues I have of not being able to decide on a setup!

Associate
soundblaster Z and some prehistoric Creative analogue 5.1 speakers which i've had since 2010. and 3 bodyshaker-type transducers fitted to my chair. purely for the slightly similar effect to recoil :)

it sounds good for gaming, but i mainly use my rig for either listening to, or editing music.

Associate
General/gaming/music
Beyerdynamic DT990 > Schiit Magni/Modi
Modmic 3/4 > Roland vt-3 for the lols.

I had Akg 712pros that just went dicky so I decided to try some Beyers. I prefer the feel of the 990 and the build seems slightly better. In all honesty they sound somewhat similar, 990s has more bass I think.

But having read a few pages on here, I'm wondering if it's actually todo with my Schiit stack, might look into upgrading them at some point.

I am still to this day impressed with Modmic. A while ago I got a HyperX Quadcast as I wanted a condeser mic. Minus having much more background noise my friends said they sound almost the same. So I ended up sending it back and staying with Modmic. I might try again at some point but go for a dynamic mic as I don't have any sound proofing to really get the best out of a condenser.

Back
Top Bottom