Online coffee beans retailer

Soldato
Hi guys,

Been using cafehormozi for years, however, I think their website may have been hacked or something, because a few weeks ago they were absolutely spamming my inbox with wierd messages, literally hundreds, which looked liked posts of some kind however were all in a foreign language, I want to say portugese????

Anyway, I am bit wary of using that website now althoguh my credit card details were not stored.

Any alternatives that you guys use?

Associate
Don't do Rave, they were our first try and it was terrible. Tesco has better coffee.

We've been ordering from Jolly Bean recently, local to a friend who loves them and they do free delivery!

Soldato
OP
Don't do Rave, they were our first try and it was terrible. Tesco has better coffee.

We've been ordering from Jolly Bean recently, local to a friend who loves them and they do free delivery!

Yea they are also really expensive.

Hormozi do 1kg really good beans for £14.50 per kg, cheaper if you order more in bulk.

I just found they sell through eBay so I'll just do that instead. All of the websites mentioned are really expensive.

Caporegime
Yea they are also really expensive.

Hormozi do 1kg really good beans for £14.50 per kg, cheaper if you order more in bulk.

I just found they sell through eBay so I'll just do that instead. All of the websites mentioned are really expensive.

Coffee are about to get even more expensive in the next year. A lot of 2020’s harvest had to be scrap due to bad weather. Climate change is affecting where coffee usually grows so the days of £4 a bag of 250g from the likes of Hasbean is over, and honestly it’s been about £6 for something semi-decent for a while.

Associate
Coffee are about to get even more expensive in the next year. A lot of 2020’s harvest had to be scrap due to bad weather. Climate change is affecting where coffee usually grows so the days of £4 a bag of 250g from the likes of Hasbean is over, and honestly it’s been about £6 for something semi-decent for a while.

Yea, I don't know a whole lot about coffee, I'm quite new to it, but if there is one thing I have learnt from friends that are super into it, £14 for a KG of coffee will not be good coffee.

Caporegime
Yea, I don't know a whole lot about coffee, I'm quite new to it, but if there is one thing I have learnt from friends that are super into it, £14 for a KG of coffee will not be good coffee.

If you enjoy coffee, and getting serious, think about getting a roaster and buy green beans instead. It’s cheaper and stay fresh longer. So you can stock up and then roast fresh when you want.

Problem is a (automatic) roaster is not cheap, £500 plus.

Cheap beans are usually roasted dark, it hides the bad beans. The darker to roast, the more you taste the chef, and lighter roast the more you taste the farmer. Generally speaking.

Associate
If you enjoy coffee, and getting serious, think about getting a roaster and buy green beans instead. It’s cheaper and stay fresh longer. So you can stock up and then roast fresh when you want.

Cheap beans are usually roasted dark, it hides the bad beans. The darker to roast, the more you taste the chef, and lighter roast the more you taste the farmer.

We usually buy a lighter roast, I think it'll be a while before we get into roasting our own though :)

We do plan to drop a K or two on a good coffee machine later this year though, after we've bought a house.

Tea Drinker
Don

Cheap beans are usually roasted dark, it hides the bad beans. The darker to roast, the more you taste the chef, and lighter roast the more you taste the farmer. Generally speaking.

In typical forum fashion from zero to what in 9 posts :p

Do you knit your own clothes?

Associate
I used to run a coffee shop, so know a bit about coffee and beans !

If you want a small local roaster, that's an independent business, you probably wont find better than The Coffee Factory in Dorset.
I completed 2 barista training courses with the owner many years ago now, first one was to Barista level, the second took me up to be able to train baristas, He's extremely knowledgeable about the whole process and if you visit their premises in Axminster in Devon not only can you buy a cup of coffee (and some cake!) from their shop, but you can see the roasting machine and the roasting process taking place a couple of times a week, well worth a visit if your down that way, I used to buy 15 kilos of Black Bear coffee beans per week and it always brought customers back for more coffee :)

https://thecoffeefactory.co.uk/coffees/black-bear-blend

They also do a subscription service so you can get fresh beans (or ground, and now, even Nespresso pods) delivered every 2 weeks, I've still got a small subscription running for my home coffee and I've never found any better.

Associate
I used to run a coffee shop, so know a bit about coffee and beans !

If you want a small local roaster, that's an independent business, you probably wont find better than The Coffee Factory in Dorset.
I completed 2 barista training courses with the owner many years ago now, first one was to Barista level, the second took me up to be able to train baristas, He's extremely knowledgeable about the whole process and if you visit their premises in Axminster in Devon not only can you buy a cup of coffee (and some cake!) from their shop, but you can see the roasting machine and the roasting process taking place a couple of times a week, well worth a visit if your down that way, I used to buy 15 kilos of Black Bear coffee beans per week and it always brought customers back for more coffee :)

https://thecoffeefactory.co.uk/coffees/black-bear-blend

They also do a subscription service so you can get fresh beans (or ground, and now, even Nespresso pods) delivered every 2 weeks, I've still got a small subscription running for my home coffee and I've never found any better.

That place sounds great, I might have a look and order some!

Seeing the whole process reminds me of a place we lived near in Michigan, the whole business was in an old barn and all the equipment was on show, I really loved that place.

Soldato

They used to be really good but not so much in the last few years.

James coffee
Bean Brothers - their Cuban is ace but watch out for the CIA coming after you....
Peaberry Coffee

Back
Top Bottom