Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Looks like a Spanish hotel with that balcony on it. We're supposed to be reducing the camera bulge not celebrating it!

Anyway, I might be able to get over that. I'm limping along with a smashed 3XL still. Hoping it's worth the investment and reasonably priced. Looks to be a Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro version with their own Whitechapel chip and in screen fingerprint sensor. I don't expect much to be different user experience side but I'm expecting a class leading camera.

I much prefer a rear fingerprint scanner ergonomically but will have to conceed on that one. I wish I could keep my 3XL going but a screen replacement isn't worth the cost and hassle.

Soldato
Any ideas on whether that Whitechapel SOC is looking to be a high end part? Or will Google still be looking to target that mid-range price point (so SOC performance will reflect that)?

Soldato
Definite break from more of the same then, hopefully they're keeping it the same size as current/prev generations.

Camera bump hmmmmmmmmmm probably can get reduced with a case somewhat.

New whitechapel SoC will be interesting to see how it performs, also hoping for a camera sensor change finally.

Last edited:
Soldato
I most likely will slap a case on it so the bump won't be too bad.

As long as the other two cameras are useful (wide, telephoto) and not something useless like macro, then it should be a better camera experience.

Very tempted to go for this, I'm getting tired of other manufacturers with their aggressive memory/battery management. Hopefully Whitechapel can match the SD 780G as well and it will fit exactly with my needs.

Soldato
I think I like it, kind of a shame the fresh design will be hidden by a case anyway. Either way, I expect this will be a guy to replace the 2XL which has lasted really well.

Speaking of which, anyone got any tips on how to remove a old Spigen case that's gone a bit rigid?

Associate
I think I like it, kind of a shame the fresh design will be hidden by a case anyway. Either way, I expect this will be a guy to replace the 2XL which has lasted really well.

Speaking of which, anyone got any tips on how to remove a old Spigen case that's gone a bit rigid?

Hairdryer?

Soldato
It’s the actual design.

No it's not " Importantly, these renders are not leaked directly from Google, but are instead an artist re-creation of images from a source." We've had this many times before with different phones and the actual design quite often is different to the renders.

Soldato
Soldato
Computational photography or not, it would be nice if they would finally upgrade the camera sensor and join 2019 with a proper triple camera setup.

Exynos has performed comparatively well this year in S21 by the looks of it so be interesting how well it the custom SoC does here.

EDIT: Some info on camera specs, apparently 50MP main sensor and x5 periscope lens along with UWA, colour me actually excited!

Last edited:
Soldato
Non pro model has a 6.4" flat display. Great that it's flat but 6.4" is still pretty massive. Got so used to the comparatively small pixel 5 screen not sure I'd want anything bigger...

Associate
Non pro model has a 6.4" flat display. Great that it's flat but 6.4" is still pretty massive. Got so used to the comparatively small pixel 5 screen not sure I'd want anything bigger...

Same here, its the best thing about the 5!

Hope they introduce a 6a with a smaller screen or the info is just wrong.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The 3XL is 6.3", the normal 3 was 5.5". A choice between 6.3 and 6.6 seems daft, surely that's a mistake.

I prefer the larger sizes so I'm looking forward to the 6 despite the balcony.

Back
Top Bottom