• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dead 1080ti - Help !

Soldato
Bought a 1080ti just last week and it's worked fine for a couple of days then it threw up no signal.

LED's light up for few seconds then it just goes off and is completely cold with no signal displayed.

Any ideas other than trying to bake it or use heatgun (which will cost £40 to buy)?
Tried with 2nd GPU as main card but it's not seeing it and like I said it feels completely cold.

Already tried different PSU's and putting it in different PC, PCIE-E slots etc, nothing works same results :(.

Soldato
bought off MM here and unfortunately worked for a couple of days so don't think that's possible..

Well ask the seller if they still have warranty on the card and if they can RMA it for you. Did you take the card apart at any time (are the warranty stickers on the card still there and not damaged)? Also what PSU are you using and did you use two seperate power cables and not use one with two connectors ?

Soldato
I wish it was, paid more than usual asking price if anything which makes it more annoying. Will teach me to hold off with feedback for a few days I guess..
It's very unfortunate although it still maybe worth contacting the seller to see if there is anything to do as a goodwill gesture.

I'm guessing it has no power at all which maybe a good sign that it's possible to fix.

Associate
I wish it was, paid more than usual asking price if anything which makes it more annoying. Will teach me to hold off with feedback for a few days I guess..

I believe there's a dispute section of the forum to deal with these issues. It sound highly suspect the card has failed in it's first week after purchase. I think the seller should refund you or face discipline from the mods. Unless you've done something to it they've sold you a card not fit for purpose

Soldato
Man this sucks. Unfortunately it's a risk we take when buying used goods, and because cards are so rare atm, we literally jump at the chance of grabbing anything decent. At least faulty cards hold some value though, I've just sold a faulty 980ti for 100quid, and I've seen them go for 150+ on ebay.

Soldato
[QUOTE="ANDREW GREEN, post: 34793504, member: 207258"I think the seller should refund you or face discipline from the mods. [/QUOTE]

Why?

How do you know it wasn't sold as working perfectly? And if you had just sold a card and the buyer turns round a week later saying it doesn't work and wants a refund?

Unless you can prove it either way (which you can't) something like that is sold as seen the seller doesn't have to do jack ****.

Associate
OP what PSUs have you tried? Could it be a weak PSU not powering the power hungry card?

[QUOTE="ANDREW GREEN, post: 34793504, member: 207258"I think the seller should refund you or face discipline from the mods.

Why?

How do you know it wasn't sold as working perfectly? And if you had just sold a card and the buyer turns round a week later saying it doesn't work and wants a refund?

Unless you can prove it either way (which you can't) something like that is sold as seen the seller doesn't have to do jack ****.[/QUOTE]

99% of the time the seller knew there was an issue if it died the week someone bought it

Hence there's a dispute section to the sellers forum so mods can mitigate these matters

Associate
If u hit A brick wall, I can offer u free diagnostic.
No scamming.

U never know might Be easy to fix.

For a love of god do not bake it and do not use heat gun, this is not the way to fix cards , even if u see success Stories on utube,
U need to determine the fault first.
U might have a busted mosfet , or voltage controler, or any other small chip.

As of warranty , u never know how long the gpu will work, selling second hand .
It's a gamble, and sometimes it fails.

U cant set up a gpu to work fine for few days, electronic S dont work This way.

Soldato
Erm thought I would just chime in here.

I am the seller, long time forum member and have sold a fair few items many of high value with no issue. I am not out to scam anyone. The card was working and in my computer until the day I packaged it up and sent to the OP. Who 3 days later confirmed all working ok etc then a further 10 days later advises me of the current issue.

Unfortunately, times are tight for me, hence selling the card knowing I wouldn't be able to get an equivalent or better for a year +. If times had been different I would offer the OP a partial refund but as soon as I received the positive feedback and that everything was working ok the money was used. It is a horrible situation and I believe the OP is being completely honest with the issue and it sucks but who knows what someone can do to a GPU that was confirmed to be working on arrival within 10 days? People are too quick to jump on a scam especially considering we use the MM to avoid them as much as possible.

I am really sorry that this has happened OP and I hope you can fix it.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I believe there's a dispute section of the forum to deal with these issues. It sound highly suspect the card has failed in it's first week after purchase. I think the seller should refund you or face discipline from the mods. Unless you've done something to it they've sold you a card not fit for purpose

If you want guarantee a card will last longer than a week, don't buy 2nd hand.

I don't think the seller has done anything wrong here and your post isn't helpful.

Associate
Erm thought I would just chime in here.

I am the seller, long time forum member and have sold a fair few items many of high value with no issue. I am not out to scam anyone. The card was working and in my computer until the day I packaged it up and sent to the OP. Who 3 days later confirmed all working ok etc then a further 10 days later advises me of the current issue.

Unfortunately, times are tight for me, hence selling the card knowing I wouldn't be able to get an equivalent or better for a year +. If times had been different I would offer the OP a partial refund but as soon as I received the positive feedback and that everything was working ok the money was used. It is a horrible situation and I believe the OP is being completely honest with the issue and it sucks but who knows what someone can do to a GPU that was confirmed to be working on arrival within 10 days? People are too quick to jump on a scam especially considering we use the MM to avoid them as much as possible.

I am really sorry that this has happened OP and I hope you can fix it.

I have purchased kit from Richeh and can confirm he sold me good kit in good faith, I think the OP has just been very unlucky unfortunately.

Associate

Absolute bunkum. The seller has excellent feedback and this merely looks like a very unfortunate situation.

Soldato

Explain to me how OP is going to prove he was sold a faulty card, and it's not something he has done to it?

Back
Top Bottom