Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Depends on what your trying to achieve. If for example you have very severe dematitis to the hands any you don't want any contact at all with water or chemicals then they won't be 100% effective. For washing the car most chemicals are pretty mild and if a little water seeps in it shouldn't cause any problems. I use a hospital type nitrile gloves and they do the job fine.

Man of Honour
Black Nitrile gloves are great, they won't let water inside easily even if you dunk your hands. Bodyguards are probably the best brand, EuroCarParts used to stock them, 100 for £10~. Prices probably higher now.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

No dermatitis as far as I’m aware, but after the most recent wash (a good 2h, my fingers were completely wrinkled by the end) I’ve had extremely dry skin for a week. So I want to nip that in the bud for future attempts.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Black Nitrile gloves are great, they won't let water inside easily even if you dunk your hands. Bodyguards are probably the best brand, EuroCarParts used to stock them, 100 for £10~. Prices probably higher now.
Thanks, I’ve added them to my Amazon cart for the next time I need some. They are £20 for 100 (cheaper than the black mambas @ £29 for 100)

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good “kit” for washing? I keep paying £20 at our local and always feel frustrated at missed bits, which are usually quite obvious.

Can't speak for anyone else, this is my basic cleaning "kit" such as it is :

Bosch AQT 120 pressure washer (should have bought a Nilfisk, nothing wrong with it per se, just was harder finding the correct fittings to attach a snow foam lance).
2 X 10L buckets from B&Q
2 X wash mitts (cheap from Amazon)
Cheapish snow foam lance from in2detailing (complete with incorrectly graduated bottle, it reads 1000ml where it's only 800ish)
Bilt Hamber Auto Foam snow foam
Bilt Hamber Auto Wash shampoo
Bilt Hamber Surfex HD all purpose cleaner
2 X largish towels for drying
1 X cheap spray bottle (with the all purpose cleaner for the engine bay, door jambs etc.)

I've bought other stuff as I needed, wax, clay, polish, wheel cleaner, brushes etc. but the above is what I started with.

Soldato
Can anyone advise on the best scratch remover? I’ve got a scratch around an inch long on a gloss black surface, it hasn’t gone through the paint as you can’t actually feel it but I’d like to remove it.

Cheers

Soldato
Had anyone tried or got one of those ozone generators I see they're much cheaper than they used to be.

I've tried those Aircon bombs but all they seem to do is make the car smell nice for an hour or two and coat all the glass with residue.

Soldato
Koch Chemie FSE is very well regarded at removing water spots.

Using a DI vessel would also help, I have hard water here at nearly 300ppm and using it for a final rinse means that I can leave the cars to air dry if required with no water spots.

I managed to deal with 99% of the water spots with some white vinegar diluted down and ensured it was rinsed off afterwards throughly, desperate times call for desperate measures and all that.

I keep checking stock and will pick some up when available, thanks for the recommendation.

Not sure if this is correct but googled it for my area and 100 Calcium and is classed as hard water area.

I have looked at those vessels/race glaze attachments so I can quick maintenance washes as I seem to spend what feels forever drying the car sometimes.

Underboss
Finally bit the bullet and ordered Ammo Reflex Pro, can't wait to give the liquid yellow a thorough decontamination and put it on it should look amazing with this colour.

may i ask where from ? i thought "Ammo" was USA only ? as i wanted to order something a while back, but you have to get a "bundle" and pay shipping on top of that which meant over £100

Soldato
I just ordered it from his site, I decided to try his Mud tyre gel and got some applicators at the same time. Didn't have any problems ordering internationally and it took roughly a week to arrive, shipping is a flat rate of $39 so just make sure you get whatever you need to make the most of it. I wish I ordered his interior Mousse but I forgot :(

Associate
Bird poo I hate it.

I got my car back from the body shop last week after someone crashed into it a few weekends ago whilst it was parked on the road, our the front of the house. Instead using a parking spaces that are under the trees.

So this weekend I parked it in the spaces under the trees. Fine most of the week and weekend. This morning I went to my car and I swear to god a flock of Pterodactyls had decided to cover it in their droppings. Had to wait to get home from before I could do anything about it and I managed to remove most of it with the help of some poor boys bird s@@t remover before it started to rain.

Soldato
Daddy duties didn’t stop me giving the car a clean this evening… daughter asleep which meant baby monitor in sight!

9-C5-B2-B4-D-938-E-4345-B3-C2-19-B0-BE179-F05.jpg

Due to lack of time I replaced my usual snowfoam routine with a pump sprayer and heavily diluted Citrus Pre-Wash followed by a contact wash and then finished with Sonax Spray and Seal to top up my existing protection.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know of any reliable PPF installers in the Buckinghamshire area? I contacted one and whilst they seem to be knowledgeable, they seemed surprised that I enquired as to if they polish the area before they apply the film. This surprised me as they mention using a clay bar on the car which usually requires a polish afterwards as clay does mar paintwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom