** Official Returnal Thread **

Associate
12 hours in, still can't get past the first boss, rage uninstalled - its a great game but I seriously cannot be bothered.

Soldato
It certainly does.

I've been stuck in biome 6 for a while but I don't mind the loop because the gunplay and movement are so amazing. There are enemy projectiles there that give you malfunctions if they hit you and they are quite hard to avoid sometimes.

Can't stress enough about unlocking the weapon traits. They become ridiculous in their DPS the more you unlock. Even if the gun is bad to begin with it is worth persevering on the traits because later on it can make a bad gun unstoppable. I will just pick up a weapon if I haven't 100% the trait and drop a weapon that I am liking. I might even go so far as to unlock the trait of the new pickup then go back and pick up my original gun.

agree with that about the weapon traits I maxed out the hollowseeker because some of the traits are ridiculous. You get 4 decent traits with that and just take your time it’s a beast.

also think taking your time is a must soon as you try to rush through an area or get complacent you quickly pay for it and end up dead. I rolled titles with a total of 8 deaths, 20 hours. Think I got lucky in the final run with items though the adrenaline leech is also a ridiculous item.

good when you finish as it starts off at the 2nd act but you can return to the first 3 biomes via your ship as there’s quite a few areas that require the late game upgrades

Associate
What's the quickest way to level up the weapons? I got to the 3rd biome but I haven't played it properly since.
Is it just a case of skipping straight to biome 3 and just using the weapons there?

Soldato
Bottom left hand corner there is a weapon proficiency meter with a number you just need to use weapons/pick up the weapon proficiency items to up that number and the weapons tend to get stronger. Then there’s the traits that you need to unlock which are the add on bonus effects of each weapon that make a huge difference if you get the right ones.

Associate
Bottom left hand corner there is a weapon proficiency meter with a number you just need to use weapons/pick up the weapon proficiency items to up that number and the weapons tend to get stronger. Then there’s the traits that you need to unlock which are the add on bonus effects of each weapon that make a huge difference if you get the right ones.

Yeah I get this, so I guess it would be go straight to biome 3, pick up the weapon proficiency item to take it to 9? and just grind away.

Soldato
I would go through biome 1 and 2 to get some decent items first and upgrade your hp which is a must for me, also you get chance to use the main fabricators in each biome so more chance of decent items. Astronaut/adrenaline leech are best 2 imo plus any others you pick up along the way. Doing that will up your weapon proficiency as well anyway just skip the bosses on 1 & 2

Soldato
I would go through biome 1 and 2 to get some decent items first and upgrade your hp which is a must for me, also you get chance to use the main fabricators in each biome so more chance of decent items. Astronaut/adrenaline leech are best 2 imo plus any others you pick up along the way. Doing that will up your weapon proficiency as well anyway just skip the bosses on 1 & 2

That's exactly how I play it. Integrity gains and health packs/astronaut and getting my proficiency as high as possible. Another tactic is to leave the chests alone early on and only open them when you have done everything in an area so they drop with higher proficiency when you open them. Leave the bosses alone once you've done them to save your packs. Only use those bosses to farm ether if you feel like it.

Soldato
12 hours in, still can't get past the first boss, rage uninstalled - its a great game but I seriously cannot be bothered.

Lol, mirrors my experience so far. Although there's times when I'm loving the game, running around thinking I'm the mutts nuts and then I face the boss and get owned.

I am making progress though, on it's last energy bar and the game seems to be taking pity in me and dropping more loot. I'll stick with it for a it more.

Soldato
Finished it yesterday, in total took me 25 hours. Bit meh at the ending, game seemed to breeze by, wish was a bit more.

Not got a clue what the story way about, off to YouTube to watch an explaination.

Soldato
So the new patch today is pretty cool in that you can avenge fallen comrades. Good way to farm ether and imo it's always fun in a semi boss room. I'm going to keep this game, I feel like there's more to come from the devs and they're working on it full on.

Soldato
So the new patch today is pretty cool in that you can avenge fallen comrades. Good way to farm ether and imo it's always fun in a semi boss room. I'm going to keep this game, I feel like there's more to come from the devs and they're working on it full on.
When you say avenge fallen comrades, do you mean like a multiplayer aspect ?

Also, have you finished it yet?

Soldato
When you say avenge fallen comrades, do you mean like a multiplayer aspect ?

Also, have you finished it yet?
Yeah its like the bloodstains in Dark Souls. You get a message when you enter an area that something is near, the icon on the map is the same as an audio log. If you activate it you see a little animation of their death then random enemies - presumably what killed them - appear. It's pretty cool.

Not completed it yet I haven't had much time to play this week.

Soldato
I've completed ME1 now on PS4 - the combat is so much better, and easier in the sense that regardless of class you can use snipers effectively.

For comparison I booted up ME1 OG (on PC) as an Infiltrator and my scope was waving around crazily even though I am "trained" in snipers. Compared to my Adept on legendary who is not trained in snipers having a completely steady aim.

I am also having big audio issues, particularly in ME2. Sometimes I don't hear character audio at all, sometimes it cuts in and out as if they're saying every other syllable. Cutscene sound effects are very loud and then the next conversation will be very quiet. I think I'll wait for a patch until I continue!

edit Whoops wrong thread!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've completed ME1 now on PS4 - the combat is so much better, and easier in the sense that regardless of class you can use snipers effectively.

For comparison I booted up ME1 OG (on PC) as an Infiltrator and my scope was waving around crazily even though I am "trained" in snipers. Compared to my Adept on legendary who is not trained in snipers having a completely steady aim.

I am also having big audio issues, particularly in ME2. Sometimes I don't hear character audio at all, sometimes it cuts in and out as if they're saying every other syllable. Cutscene sound effects are very loud and then the next conversation will be very quiet. I think I'll wait for a patch until I continue!

You might want to post this in the Mass Effect thread :cry:

Soldato
Yeah its like the bloodstains in Dark Souls. You get a message when you enter an area that something is near, the icon on the map is the same as an audio log. If you activate it you see a little animation of their death then random enemies - presumably what killed them - appear. It's pretty cool.

Not completed it yet I haven't had much time to play this week.
Ah that sounds pretty cool I’ll update it after my next run ends haha gone back to the first biome again as I can now access all the areas.

Soldato
Ah that sounds pretty cool I’ll update it after my next run ends haha gone back to the first biome again as I can now access all the areas.
Noticed this after some playing around. Nice to be able to revisit some areas that I've not been to for a while. Now to find all those fragments. Two down so far.

Back
Top Bottom